2020 USA Presidential Elections Latest

It’s possible for sure. I’m more inclined to believe like Musk except for the vaccine part.

My comment was more on the incredible lack of excitement for Biden as a candidate. That still stands, of course.

I’ll gladly take something boring and vanilla over the insane shit show we’ve been subjected to the last four years.

2 Likes

Seems familiar

Donald Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis has stunned MAGA world, but it hasn’t changed how it reacts to bad news: blame others, accuse the left of craven behavior and cling tighter to the president.

After his post-midnight tweet announcing he had the virus, Trump went silent until nearly 7 p.m., leaving his fervent online fan base without guidance on his preferred narrative.

Yet the base’s response mirrors the way Trump has instructed his followers to react to any pandemic-related news: downplay, craft optimistic storylines and accuse the Democrats and media of obfuscation and vitriol. It’s how the president has reacted to nearly every unwelcome pandemic-related development in recent months, whether it was early concerns over personal protective equipment and hospital space, or a death toll that recently surpassed 200,000.

Lower than expected, but this is still good news.

It showed the unemployment rate unexpectedly fell to 7.9% from 8.4%.

1 Like

This week, Biden continues to wear a mask, continues to follow safe distancing guidelines and … continues in-person campaigning in Florida and Arizona.

Continues?

Did he stutter?

Considering the last 3 months went far beyond expectations, I think this is still great news.

This is hilariously accurate.

It seems independents didn’t think much of Trump’s debate performance. Post-debate polling is June-level bad for Trump. Except this time we are less than a month from Election Day and early voting is underway.

2 Likes

And you hear some people arguing his covid stuff is some kind of ruse, but that wouldn’t even make sense considering he polls much more poorly when covid is the topic focus.

If he wanted to fake something to get sympathy, the dumbest thing to fake would be covid, in other words.

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/1312739366213685248?s=20

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/1312739516856389634?s=20

Meanwhile, the poll reveals that former Mr Biden has a “reality problem” with twice as many people giving credit to reality TV star Kim Kardasian for prison reform than the former Vice President.

Asked who has had a more positive impact on criminal justice 41 percent say Trump, the same number say Kim Kardasian and just 18 percent say Biden.

Democracy Institute director Patrick Basham said: “When a reality TV star beats you in a poll on an important policy question, you know your campaign has a problem.

1 Like

The fact there’s proof of a conspiracy to hide his diagnosis and he attended fundraisers while he knew his close aides were sick and he was awaiting a test result is dangerous at best, and evil at worst. People will get sick and die because of his decisions. And now he’s getting in a car with bodyguards and a driver and going for rides while symptomatic? If they weren’t sick yet, they will be soon. Sorry, I have no sympathy for him… he has blood on his hands.

Sorry, Andrew, but literally every other poll says otherwise (YouGov, Ipsos, Wash Post, USC, etc) . When everyone says one thing, and then you have one lone poll saying another thing, then the loner is most likely the flawed outlier. Just saying it as it is. Plus I follow the polling closely, and have never even heard of this pollster in the field before.

2 Likes

Don’t need to apologize. I thought the same thing in 2016.

This poll also corrected predicted a Trump victory and Brexit. So probably why you didn’t hear about them before.

I think the 2016 comparisons are getting tiresome. Luckily we only have to endure them for another few weeks, before reality provides a wake-up call.

2 Likes

I think it’s a very good issue to address. The problems of the 2016 polls haven’t been addressed or adjusted. In fact, I think they’ve compounded.

This shows that 77 percent of Trump supporters would not admit it to friends or family members

I don’t think the polls accurately represented how people will act at the poll booth where they’re most honest.

I think needing to cherrypick so hard speaks volumes about where Trump is really at.

For example:

https://twitter.com/Mdixon55/status/1312746554609070081?s=20

1 Like

You do know that the polling averages were only a couple points off, right? They predicted about a 4 point national Clinton lead, and instead she won the popular vote by 2 points (but of course Trump won the electoral vote). So it wasn’t really the catastrophic error people think it was. Furthermore, most polling outfits have made huge endeavors to fix any errors in their methodology since 2016. During the 2018 midterms the polling was mostly accurate.

1 Like