2020 USA Presidential Elections Latest

Sorry, but he doesn’t care about any neighborhood elections and neither do, to quote another forumoser, US Americans.

1 Like

Ah yes, a leader of the free world that much of the free world would not want to elect should be quite successful…those damn globalists and their brainwashing of people worldwide against Trump!

2 Likes

He only needs to be successful in the eyes of, again, US Americans, not the rest of the world.

True and as @Dr_Milker pointed out the fact the EU or people in other countries so dislike the choice only more strongly motivates them to choose it.

What a myopic view of international politics. Good thing he is getting sluffed off come November. The branding of the US has never been worse - making it that much easier for other countries to want to turn to aspiring hegemons like China.

But I don’t think even rudimentary critical thinking about the big picture goes this far with many Trumpers sadly. A shame.

Americans should care about world relationships and alliances. If the rest of the world and its leaders despise you, it’s bad for anyone’s country.

1 Like

The U.S. has taken care of the world’s problems since WW2.
Trump has looked inward at U.S. interests at the expense of the world’s interests.
First time any president has done that for any US American that is presently living.
Again U.S. interests, not the world’s. If you can’t handle that, that’s your problem, not the U.S.

1 Like

It can’t even take care of it’s own.

Isolationism is a loser’s game.

1 Like

That all sounds good, but he didn’t actually do that. Manufacturing has declined further, fossil fuels did not rebound, american companies are sacrificial lambs of the trade war, Mexico did not pay for the wall etc. etc.

The sooner conservatives realize that we are all inevitably interconnected and have to leverage our allies to work together the sooner we can make progress.

43% of all voters is not a mandate. Any president who loses the popular vote, needs to reach across the aisle and be a leader for all Americans. You cannot claim Trump speaks for all Americans.

2 Likes

Coverage of Trump on overseas media is about as broad and in depth as variations on “orange man bad” (or at least that’s certainly the case where I am) so it’s not exactly surprising that that’s the general opinion held.

1 Like

Evil flourishes when the good do nothing. Do you really think China or Russia would be better for the world if they were on top? They treat their populaces terribly in comparison.

Opportunity cost is always present in international politics, and Mups is right…the US has done a piss poor job of taking care of its own problems, even though it has begun to isolate much more under Trump. If we really have to have a debate about whether the US today is in a better spot where it was…in almost any respect…compared to the US pre-Trump, I won’t even bother having one because that would mean we are talking from two completely different perceptions of reality.

2 Likes

I knew it! That dirty MSM global network. People overseas definitely cannot make their own judgments via seeing his dumpster fire of a twitter, or see his buffoonery, lies, and general incompetence on unnarrated video ad nauseum. They certainly cannot feel a sinking feeling that the the US is run by a corrupt demagogue without being convinced by Soros et al.

Those poor, misdirected sheeple. Take up the burden, brother. Proselytize the orange faith and restore DJT’s tarnished name to its rightful splendor. Good luck :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s it at all! Since when do they care about other countries…Most of them can barely read. :joy::grin:

I’m talking more about his unlikability, fat rich guy, talks a lot of shit about everybody, no real sense of humour , no self depreciation, been caught talking shit about women, boasting about not paying taxes …Pretty repulsive even in your neighborhood lizhang .

Yeah it works in the Philippines and Brazil…I know.

Fact is outside of the USA most countries will be giving Trump a big thumbs down, in part for his divisive rhetoric, but also because he is not leading in the global way they expect, stops funding WHO, pulls out of the Paris climate accord, want’s the EU countries to pay their fair share of defense.

That’s a fair point, I see you added that while I was typing, in fact it seems we are more or less on the same page as to why.

1 Like

What
I hope you feel satisfied now your done beating up that strawman there…

2 Likes

Cue the stories that the race is “tightening”.

They’ll have to manufacture that narrative out of whole cloth as the polls are stable.

Too bad the Hunter Biden’s secret laptop story fell apart and was exposed as Russian disinformation. Sad. So sad.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000175-4393-d7aa-af77-579f9b330000

3 Likes

Yeah, no.

Sounds more like it is than it isn’t, wouldn’t you agree?