😷 COVID - [2021] "Good" Quarantine experiences / hotel reviews / ratings / recommendations?

I quarantined at the Shihzuwan Hotel, Love River branch in Kaohsiung twice – I highly recommend it! The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and prompt. I opted out of their meal plan and relied on Uber Eats and Foodpanda both times. Food was always dropped off soon after it was delivered to the front desk. There was RO water on tab, so I did not drink bottled water they provided.

My first room was NT$2000/night (plus $800 government subsidy paid to the hotel directly). The second time was NT$1800/night with a smaller room, no balcony, no jacuzzi (The NT$2000 rooms were sold out). It was still nice, but I would rather have the NT$2K room. NT$200 extra for more space, a balcony, and a hot tub is a bargain. (To be fair, the second time they would drop off free fruit and desserts in some afternoons, which they did not the first time.)

I did not use their internet as I rented my own Wi-Fi router, but their password scheme is a joke: even though everyone has their own AP, everyone who stayed there would be able to guess everyone else’s passwords, so it’s no difference than using a public network.

The down side - the journey is 3-3.5 hours longer and slightly more expensive (Quarantine taxi fare: NT$2660, and the return HSR ticket if you live north) than if you choose to quarantine in Taoyuan or Taipei. But I believe the overall cost saving and quality of life is worth it.

4 Likes