😷 COVID - [2021] "Good" Quarantine experiences / hotel reviews / ratings / recommendations?

Heads up: in one of the FB quarantine support groups someone posted that they stayed in a Jinshan villa converted to quarantine hotel.

Not only he had a hot spring bath tub on his balcony, overlooking a bamboo forest, but also a huge room -larger than my apartment- and high quality -and quantity- meals.

Pity he does not give the name but there must not be a lot of places in Jinshan.

3 Likes

I am going to Indonesia early Feb for business. Probably will do it at a 5 star hotel :wink: Indonesia’s quarantine requirements change constantly, I am probably looking at 10 nights when I depart.

Yes policy seems to change
Like the weather

Honestly I’m claustrophobic like my cats
I can’t do ten days in a hotel room

I would go nuts

Man this lady is enjoying her lock up I’m
Sure

I would balloon another 30 pounds

This place is in wulai

You are in trouble if you don’t eat pork

But all better food then I eat in a week and I’m not in hotel prison

This comment aged well :rofl:

2 Likes

This gal on the right went cheap at 2000nt a day or some such and got some dorm in Chiayi

She complained the room was small and old and not that clean

And the food was all from the same restaurant and not that good

There is good and there is bad and there is ugly hotel detention

Wifey paid 60 usd/day and got
Yellow hotel a sub brand of Harris
Hotel in jkt and the room
Is holiday inn standard and the food was good she said

Taiwan is obviously more
Expensive

Cutie on the left said she spent her time watching Japanese tv and getting on tinder !!

So you tinder searchers could get some hotel inmates attention and be there when she gets
Out !!

This next girls place in hsin tien is a whole lot better
She said everything was new and clean and it’s 2800 including food and the food was great

Much nicer

Or you can tik tok away your detention

1 Like

Well the ,2800 ntd place is really nice, because it has decent food.

The room size I had in the quarantine facility too, however filled with another bed. Or last year in Taoyuan for 2800 was similar standard except the big window and shitty Vs nice food. And yeah food is really important if you’re stuck with nothing to do.

1 Like

Very close to my house.

1 Like

Maybe you can be her prison friend and be there when she’s let out

That would be a new thing tommy would be doing if younger and unmarried and in Taiwan

Cruise for detention chicks lol

Bad I know

Married unfortunately I mean happily married.

1 Like

Wife reading ?

Can’t take the chance.

1 Like

Tommy’s wife has me under 24/7 surveillance
Unexpected face time calls at
All hours and the house has cameras on all the time

Supposedly so she can see what the Kats are up to of course

Not saying she doesn’t trust me of course hehe

But tommy is pretty much all bark and no bite these days
Practically toothless

I had posted here a question, last September/October about quarantine hotel for family with a 2,5 yo kid.
Well, we managed to travel, complete our 7+7 quarantine so here is my short review about Indigo Hotel Hsinchu (https://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/us/en/hsinchu/hszsp/hoteldetail#collapse_1).

The room we were staying was this one : https://smlpoints.com/ihg-indigo-hsinchu-science-park-taiwan.html - please note, the pics and review is not ours (just found them online).

We spent our New Year there, beginning of 2022, we left to continue our quarantine in our home.
The price was expensive 15.000 NTD/night. I think it got even higher later, close to CNY but the fact that the government announced the 7+7 option, allowed us financially to be able to “invest” the money for the quarantine.

We did not regret at all the choice:

PROS

• The staff was amazing even before we arrive to Taiwan with all the communication and arrangements.
  • Also the staff during our stay, accommodated (by Line messages) all our needs
  • The room was very spacious and bright
  • It “inside” the science park so it is pretty quiet in the night, although the room was quite all day long.
  • Soundproof was good (or the hotel was not so busy)
  • Because of the 2 floor arrangement, it was ok for me to work for some hours per day and especially in the night when our kid was going to bed (all light off though).
  • The bed was super comfortable and super wide so after the exhaustion of our total 18hrs flight (and almost no sleep) we really slept good the nights we stayed there.
  • It is biiiig so we could occupy our kid freely around, play, move etc. The stairs was a good exercise for him to climb them x20 times/day and consume some of his energy

CONS

• The room/hotel is not as new as it looks like on their website. Needs renovation. If it was not for the quarantine purposes we would feel it is not value for money.
  • The room was clean but could be even more thoroughly cleaned (but the toilets, yes, 2 of them were super clean).
  • The quarantine food was too basic for 1.000NTD/person/day that they ask. After the 1st day, we cancelled the food service and we were ordering from foodpanda/ubereats.

All the quarantine process for us went super smooth and anyone we interacted with (authorities, hotel, taxi-drivers, hospitals etc), were super nice and supportive. The Hsinchu City Gov lady that was responsible to check on us, even asked us if we needed any special help as we had a small kid. Afterwards, in Kaohsiung, the lady from the local City Gov. the last day that she checked on us, even thanked us for all the info we were providing to her on how we experienced the quarantine. She said they receive so much “heat” and complaint every day during their daily communication with the travelers.

Anyway, I wish good luck to everybody coming back.

1 Like

How many people were in the room? Just you and your kid for 17000 a night not including food?

@BigDave , Just edited the post, it was 15.000NTD without the food (we had booked for 2 persons meals).
We were 3… :frowning:
I know, the price is crazy, but really, if we could not find a room like the one we found we would postpone our arrival (had not been back for 3 years). If we did not pay they hotel, we would either need to pay lawyers or psychiatrists (7 days in a room with a super active 2,5 yo boy, not fun)… both not cheap! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been guilty of saving in the wrong places many times and if the difference between a great time and a terrible one is 60 odd k, it was probably worth it. Assuming it isn’t your last 60k.

2 Likes

Scary to hear that cleanliness is an issue in these hotels. Sort of defeats the purpose of putting people there for health reasons doesn’t it? Also, what if the room has bedbugs or something? Are they checking for things like this? Would they move you? It seems like such an absurd system and now they are going back to the 15 day in hotel and 7 at home?! Honestly it really sounds like you are paying to be put into prison.

Christ. :grimacing: Thanks for supporting the Taiwan hotel industry though…

1 Like

Bedbugs was our main fear and the bed / bed-sheets cleanliness was the first we checked when we entered. All looked very clean and no issues.
Before we arrive, we had shipped to the room bottles-spray of alcohol/water mix and despite the tiredness of the trip, we sprayed/cleaned all the surfaces and even floor/carpet. It was then that we found dust, woman’s long hair in corners, the wooden handrail left a yellowsh dirt on the tissues (even if you disinfect, clean, unless you really scrap these surfaces will not be “clean”. That has to do with the material choice and the age of the hotel).
I guess if each one of us would clean the hotel room he/she enters, would definitely find some issues to complain…

2 Likes