2022 Municipal Elections

Nobody thinks that. Only you do. Most people simply don’t mind him that much.

K… :roll:

DPP is mostly fine, though you obviously don’t agree. You probably only listen to Joe Rogan.

He’s not a technocrat, he’s a dentist. On par with veterinarians.

2 Likes

Probably a bit lower down the scale than veterinarians. A vet is medically qualified to about the same level as a human doctor … for multiple different animals.

CSC knows about teeth. And they’re going to put him in charge of running Taiwan’s capital city.

True. I’d let a vet work on me over a dentist, given only the 2 choices.
Considering he’s a dentist, he hasn’t been keeping his own pearly whites white.

1 Like

Pretty stupid to use any politician’s former profession as an argument against them.

1 Like

The chainsmoking isn’t great for the teeth cosmetically speaking.

My point was that he knows nothing about anything except teeth, as he’s amply demonstrated over the last two years. And it wouldn’t surprise me if he knows nothing about teeth either.

1 Like

Kind of like going to a kidney doctor who’s an alcoholic.

2 Likes

And what do other politicians, like those Eton jerks in England, know?

1 Like

Well, I guess it’s kind of a truism that doctors never follow their own advice.

Nothing. They’re a bunch of clowns. What does this prove, except that the bar is set very, very low?

1 Like

It proves that you’ve been blinded by Joe Rogan’s bs.

Good argument, well made.

I’ve wasted a lot of words on here explaining the technical aspects of manipulation - because it’s something I’m actually qualified to comment on. The people who were most keen to deny that any such methods exist (or that they have been used) are those who are most supportive of the CECC and their obsessive, misguided trashing of Taiwan’s democratic institutions, mental health, and economic progress. I’m not surprised, just disappointed.

Chen Clock… Take a bite outta crime.

I don’t understand why someone that “only” understands teeth would be unfit to run a city. There are cities in the US where seniors in high school didn’t like something, ran for mayor, and won. Granted those were smaller cities, but these were kids who’d literally just hit the mark in age eligibility. The former governor of a certain state in the Midwest had been kicked out of college (a private university, if that remotely matters) for bad grades and went on (as governor) to reduce teacher standards from one of the highest in the country to “schools can, at their discretion, hire individuals without a GED” along with essentially making every union but the police union illegal. And then there’s the man who was president of the US before the old man we have now, a lying cheating businessman who might actually be heading to prison for trying to overthrow democracy. But you’re worried about an doctor of teeth not knowing how to run a city?

The bar is really low if someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene can get elected.

1 Like

Liz Cheney lowered that bar even further. :slight_smile:

1 Like

People! Stay focused! This is about the 2022 Municipal Elections in Taiwan. If you want to bicker about US politicians, I think there are ample places in IP to do so.

Guy

1 Like

This has nothing to do with whether he has or has not graduated high school or dentist college or whatever, but because of the simple fact that he’s proven himself to be incompetent, lazy, and duplicitous. He had a shot at running the country and made a right pig’s ear of it; does that mean he ought to get Taipei City as a consolation prize?

Someone might drop out of high school and nevertheless spend the next couple of decades becoming the most competent leader he can be. CSC has not done this. He hasn’t made any attempt to learn anything at all since getting his dentist diploma, or whatever-it-is that dentists get.

Yes, I know equally incompetent people manage to get elected via whatever combination of skulduggery and demagoguery is involved in such things. Does that somehow justify it happening again and again and again? I find it unfathomable that anyone would defend this guy. He has no redeeming features whatsoever.

It’s exaggerated prose like this that makes me think you’re really not paying attention are you.

Recall the early days in the pandemic, when the CECC:

a) identified correctly, using big data analysis, that something grave was happening in China;
b) secured machinery from Germany to set up mask making factory lines;
c) got production going and set up a rationing system to ensure everyone in Taiwan including noncitizens had access to this vital PPE while much of the world did not.

At one point, some Taiwanese kid only had access to a pink mask and was reportedly bullied at school for wearing it. The next day, the Minister of Health (the man being disparaged above as having “no redeeming features whatsoever”) showed up at the press conference—which he attended regularly for hundreds of consecutive days—with the Premier. Both wore pink masks in solidarity with that kid.

Guy

1 Like