228 a CCP plot

[quote]
iht.com/articles/ap/2007/02/ … ersary.php

“We (PRC) view the 2-28 uprising as a patriotic, democratic and autonomous campaign of Taiwanese compatriots opposing KMT control at that time and as a part of the Chinese people’s liberation drive,” Li said at a regular news briefing.[/quote]

Well I’m glad to see that the PRC has an interpretation of 228 as well. It would seems the 228 rioters were actually agents of the PLA trying to overthrow the KMT in Taiwan. So all you greenies that felt the 228 riot were justified are actually PRC sympathizers.

Hoklo supremacist and PRC sympathizers, the lot of you are… :laughing:

a fascist giving sarcasm -
the bitter and the sweet.

History has never been one of AC’s strengths.

What, CCP speaking bad about the KMT? Wasn’t it all roses since grandpas went there?

Wait… there is a “democratic” there, so WTF is that?

All of your can’t stay on point for even one post. Thank goodness I’m such a patient poster.

The topic is could some of the people that participated in 228 been influenced by the CCP? If so how does that reflect on the current popular interpretation of the event.

228 is a green holiday. I’m so shocked that one of bluest posters on this site needs to remind you guys of your own history. I though you guys claim to be proponents of the Taiwanese.

Or are you guys just using the Taiwanese as a proxy to bash the PRC.

Please don’t use the Taiwanese as your playthings…they’ve been lied to enough.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]All of your can’t stay on point for even one post. Thank goodness I’m such a patient poster.

The topic is could some of the people that participated in 228 been influenced by the CCP? If so how does that reflect on the current popular interpretation of the event.

228 is a green holiday. I’m so shocked that one of bluest posters on this site needs to remind you guys of your own history. I though you guys claim to be proponents of the Taiwanese.

Or are you guys just using the Taiwanese as a proxy to bash the PRC.

Please don’t use the Taiwanese as your playthings…they’ve been lied to enough.[/quote]

What are you talking about??? I don’t get a thing.

AC speaking double dutch.

I would not be the least surprised if there were communist provocateurs/sympathisers on the island around the time of the incident, which fact might have provided that much incentive for the manifest brutality from the CKS military. They were in the midst of fighting this same enemy on mainland China.

Its possible also that the Chinese communists had appealed to and played on the nationalistic sentiments of the locals in winning them over to their side. Thats the way to get them to fight the oppressing Han Chinese KMT and the Communists were there to liberate them. Its consistent with the way they made alliances with non Han groups during the decade long civil war with the KMT, eg, with the Yi people in the 30s when they needed to traverse their lands in Sichuan to outrun KMT pursuers. The Communists, so went their propaganda, were not of the Han race, they were liberators of oppressed peoples of the world.

Of course in line with the policy of reunification, the Taiwan office spokesman would now characterize 228 as merely a struggle against dictatorship and corruption. The communists are flexible about nationalistic aspirations this way. They will use it only if it suits their purposes.

ac, are you not familiar with history at all? A Communist agitator led a rag-tag army in the mountains of central Taiwan fighting the incoming KMT forces for a few weeks before eventually fleeing to China.

That Communists participated in an island-wide uprising is hardly news, or even very interesting.

Besides, you’ve gone three posts without making a joke about fainting during trials. I think you must be off your feed or something.

Michael

Vorkosigan,

Yeah unfortunately that group in the mountain was shunned by the Formosan intellectuals at the time and not asked to participate in writing up their demands to the KMT.

I mean there are only so many ways to bring up 228. It is like :flog: (I assume the horse is dead in the emoticon).

Next year I shall bring up why someone shouldn’t evade paying taxes to commemorate 228.

2/28 is obviously a green carnival. CSB and cohorts always have these huge grins.

[quote=“one man riot”]I would not be the least surprised if there were communist provocateurs/sympathisers on the island around the time of the incident.
[/quote]
Lee Tung-hui comes to mind.

[quote]Friday, Nov 08, 2002, Page 3

Advertising Former president Lee Teng-hui (李登輝) acknowledged yesterday that he had joined the Chinese Communist Party in the 1940s – but said he did so in order to realize his ideas for Taiwan.

…Lee has said that he is from the era when the theories of Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin were fashionable and Marx’s Das Kapital was popular among college students.

According to Lee, young Taiwan-ese embraced communism in the late 1940s because they detested the KMT’s alien rule. [/quote]

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/archives/2002/11/08/0000178746

Like many founders of the PRC who were once members and associates of the KMT before they went on to consolidate the Communist Party and took the country from CKS, perhaps Lee also found the party sorely wanting in the fundamentals thus quit the party and founded TSU.

Lee Teng-hui failed on both accounts as a communist and as a leader of a pathetic party. The only party that gave him the break, ultimately was almost destroyed by him. That man is a dirty rat.

[quote=“beebee”]Lee Teng-hui failed on both accounts as a communist and as a leader of a pathetic party. The only party that gave him the break, ultimately was almost destroyed by him. That man is a dirty rat.

–[/quote]

What are you talking about?

As a communist, yes he left the party rather fast.

However as a KMT leader, he suceeded in his goals. his goals were to democratize Taiwan and to ensure that one party would not again dominate the political stage here.

He suceeded, which is very hard for the blue bunglers to accept, he is one of the best sleepers ever, not working for the CCP or for the KMT but for the ideals he believed in, and he actually managed to pull them off. i would claim that he’s the best and most succesful person to run Taiwan since the long gone days of Goto Shimpei.

Sure, he took money, however less than the guys who went before him.

[quote=“Mr He”][quote=“beebee”]Lee Teng-hui failed on both accounts as a communist and as a leader of a pathetic party. The only party that gave him the break, ultimately was almost destroyed by him. That man is a dirty rat.

–[/quote]

[/quote]

Talking in English about your granduncle’s story, and you???

He left communism as he was forced to quit rather than of his free will. Otherwise he’ll probably be just another Mao’s henchman.

The only notable achievement countable, is his talent to polarise the society without fail.

Don’t forget about the guy after him… :laughing:

[quote=“beebee”][quote=“Mr He”][quote=“beebee”]Lee Teng-hui failed on both accounts as a communist and as a leader of a pathetic party. The only party that gave him the break, ultimately was almost destroyed by him. That man is a dirty rat.

–[/quote]

[/quote]

Talking in English about your granduncle’s story, and you???

He left communism as he was forced to quit rather than of his free will. Otherwise he’ll probably be just another Mao’s henchman.

The only notable achievement countable, is his talent to polarise the society without fail.

–[/quote]

Again, double dutch from peepee.

How long have you been in Taiwan, 3 weeks?

Lee took more than any after him, which according to the prosecutor didn’t take anything.

You know, some people will say anything, ANYTHING, to remove all blame away from the KMT from machine-gunning a protest gathering.

Even twisting things to situations like this. And people wonder why the TP forum is hardly as lively as it was before?

Pretty sick.

And some people will apologize for tax evading law breakers and use them as excuses to start a riot…

And they have no shame in blaming the riot on everybody except themselves.