26 May 2021 Total Lunar Eclipse

https://www.tam.museum/astronomy/forecast_detail.php?lang=tw&id=519

9 Likes

Thanks! And I’ve now set a reminder on my calendar so I don’t suddenly remember this on the 27th.

Please take care not to burn your eyes out, folks!

Remember, never look directly at the Moon!

6 Likes

Well, I don’t bother with special glasses when watching a solar eclipse because I just wait to view it at nighttime.

4 Likes

Thank you @tando for the link to Eclipses visible in Taipei, Taiwan - 26 May 2021 Lunar Eclipse (timeanddate.com)

4 Likes

Anybody getting anything yet?

I dropped an hour ago. Little bit smacky but not too much. No visuals so far.

1 Like

from Australia, maybe Arizona

1 Like

But moonrise here isn’t for another 40 minutes, is it? I’m mildly annoyed about the bank of grey clouds I see exactly where the moon will be coming up.

The “I dropped an hour ago” makes me wonder if there’s some kind of shared Zoom illicit substance experience going on.

1 Like

Acacia bark bro.

What direction da moon rise in?

EAST!!!

All clouds in the east. Dammit I got the 450 mm locked and loaded.

There comes a point when it doesn’t really matter, does it?

For me, it rises over one of the shoulders of Yangmingshan. I’m sure those directions will work just great for everyone else.

1 Like

dat north

1 Like

2 Likes

East-SouthEast for those in Taipei

1 Like

This app is also helpful and pretty accurate:

Moon Locator app

From NZ

Oh, I’m being mooned through my computer room window! Next question, is it so dim because it’s in clouds, or because of the eclipse?

EDIT: Eclipse, not just clouds. The circular shadow is definitely visible.

EDIT 2: that’s cool. I’ve seen lunar eclipses before, but alway just a vague smudging out and dimming. I don’t recall seeing a clear shadow line like this.

EDIT 3: The Eye of Sauron is looking away from us - something draws its eye to the north …

1 Like

Watching right now, its a good one

It’s great!