28 Years

28 solar years. What have I?
I post this here, because it is a religious question, is it not?
What is my life? What is this MY life?

And your question is…?
And you needed to post this why?

Ps. Nah, don’t worry. Gods are only a figment of our imagination.
They exist because we do. What you do with your life is up to you.

I have answered this question before. At least, I think it’s a very similar question; purpose in one’s life.

I watched a movie yesterday with my wife. Excellent movie it was but I won’t tell you which one it was. It was about a couple who fall for each other but they get seperated for two years. Two years later, they get back together finally and the movie ends.

The movie gave me the blues. The happy blues. Kinda like a mood where what’s important to me becomes insignificant and what is usually on the back burner becomes all that matters. Weird and sad. Many times that happens to me if I read a touching book, watch a good movie or listen to a really good song. The butterflies. But they never stay…They come and go and everytime, I’m sure if I could keep them, If I could keep that mood going day after day, years after years, I would not be here. I’d be living a more meaningful life, I’d be content, satisfied, a better person.

I’m not sure what I’m doing here. I want everyone to applaude me, I want an audience, I want love, more of it. I want true friends, more of them. I want to be the president, the Pope, the king.

I’ve always wanted to fly and yet I can’t walk. I have to love myself, I’m told I can’t be happy otherwise. Self-esteem, confidence, sheer love. I’m not sure I can do it. I live for Friday and wish the hours to go by faster every year and my wish is always granted. Every year goes by faster as I grow old. At this rate, I’ll be 12 years old when I die.

marboulette

See Ghost Story. ITs very good and may make you think a bit bout relationships and how they can change you (not for the good) and how frustrating to love someone who doesnt love you back can be. And makes you think about life and living too.

The purpose of life? Well its a lot better alternative then the alternative, get my drift?

Me? I think one should be a student of life in life. Be as happy as you can be while making others as happy as you can be. Be a shiny happy person !! And live life as full as you can.

Just begun. And the learning curve is great.

If you’re 28, sounds like you’re in the Saturn’s Return

[quote] Many of us approach our thirtieth birthdays with anxiety, even dread. We start looking for gray hairs and paying attention to ads for wrinkle creams. We question whether we are climbing the career ladder quickly enough. We hear the biological clock ticking loudly and worry that soon we will be too old to bear children.

Astrologers call the period between ages twenty-eight and thirty “Saturn Return.” That’s because it’s the first time the planet Saturn completes its cycle through your birth chart and returns to the spot it occupied when you were born. Internationally respected astrologer Rob Hand calls Saturn Return “one of the most important times in your life. . . a time of endings and new beginnings.”

Coming of Age

The first Saturn Return marks the end of youth and the beginning of the productive adult years. It is now that you truly become an adult–not at eighteen or twenty-one. You realize your need to define yourself as an individual within society and to demonstrate what you’ve learned. Newswoman Jane Pauley described turning thirty as having grown into womanhood. German film director Werner Herzog compared this period in his life with a maiden’s loss of virginity, a line drawn across his path marking the end of his youth.

This transition into adulthood is often accompanied by a sense of urgency, a feeling that you must try to accomplish everything you’ve ever wanted or planned to do now. Goals start to come sharply into focus. If you have not settled into a definite career, or have been pursuing one that is inappropriate for you, you’ll experience a strong push to establish yourself in a more fulfilling occupation. Sometimes this means a complete change. During his first Saturn Return Vincent Van Gogh decided to be a painter rather than a minister. More frequently it means a new direction or specialization within your chosen field.[/quote]

Best of luck, cause mine shiiiiiity :laughing:

Watch ‘Man On Wire’.

Let me be the very first to wish you a happy birthday!

Ugh, I turn 28 soon. I stopped looking forward to birthdays after 21.

Try shoplifting.

Man on Fire is a good film, it makes you realise how lucky you are that you are not in Mexico City.

Unless of course you are in Mexico City, in which case you’re probably going to get kidnapped and tortured to death by corrupt cops. Very soon in fact. Maybe you should kill yourself now to make sure you have a painless death.

28? You’re nobbut a bairn. Try fucking 50! :astonished: And no, marboulette, I still can’t walk.

Just as the unexamined life not worth living, so is the unlived life not worth examining. Get out there and do something…

Keep an open mind, but not so much your brain falls out.

At a time?

[quote=“sandman”]And no, marboulette, I still can’t walk.[/quote]Can you at least wiggle your toes? You need your toes to do the rain dance.

marboulette

[quote=“KingZog”]Man on Fire is a good film, it makes you realise how lucky you are that you are not in Mexico City.
[/quote]

No it’s F^%@king good film!!! :bravo: