2nd Hand motorcycle for sale under 150K?

Thanks to all for the answers on the 2-stroke topic I started.

I looked at a couple NSR, RGV and VFR’s…yes they are all illegal…I had some insiders with the DMV look into some back ways around it and basically if you live outside of a major city…i.e.Taipei, Koashung or Taichung you can get away with riding it. Best case you get caught on one, they confiscate it, 2nd worst they confiscate it and load you with fines, worst case they confiscate it, fine you and revoke your ARC card…Yup happened 2 years ago to an upper level manager at my company (just found out). Actually best case is you are friendly with the cop and he lets you off.

So now I am looking for a Cagiva MITO 125 (if it is bored or Polini’d…O.K.), Aprilia RS125, Hornet250, CB400, CB600 (Hornet), or a Ducati 748.

I have a Taiwanese car agent looking into things for me (as a favor since I am sooooo cheap). But I was hoping someone in the forum had a lead on something.

I am in Taipei, but I can get transport to get the bike delivered from elsewhere on the island if need be.

I have scoured yahoo.tw and goods.ruten.tw I also wlaked both sides of the bike area near Yuanshan MRT (no luck there). Any tips or leads would be appreciated. I am willing to plunk down more for a decent Duc 748.

I was told I need my current M/C license for a year before I can get anything over 250cc, but I currently have 4 different international licenses (non restricted Big CC), an MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) cert (15 years old), and 3 state side M/C licenses over 12 years old. I was told they may endores me with just a test…Hopefully.

Thanks ahead of time for any leads…If you come up with a real good one that pans out, I owe you beers till we puke…

Thank you

[quote=“dunnman99”]
So now I am looking for a Cagiva MITO 125 (if it is bored or Polini’d…O.K.), Aprilia RS125, Hornet250, CB400, CB600 (Hornet), or a Ducati 748.[/quote]

Come out to the track, that might be a good starting point for your searches. I know there are some RS125’s out there, and for sale too. The CSRT Team in Yingge has a warehouse full of bikes. They have might be of help. I think you’re shit out of luck on the Cagiva MITO, I have never seen one on Taiwan. There are not too many Aprilia RS125’s either, but you might be able to find one. All the other bikes are available. I heard that Temple’s roommate might be selling his CB400 (I don’t know if this is true though.)

What is the best day to hit the track? Time?

Tomorrow is a good day. I know two guys selling RS 125’s and also an Aprilia 125, but the Aprilia needs work. ( I would never buy an Aprillia because you will never be able to find parts for it.) One guy wants $80K for his RS and it is ready to go, the other I am not sure. I will be at the track tomorrow. Do you know how to get out there??

I am coming from Tien Mu (Taipei). Right near Shipai MRT.

I have an idea how to get there, but if anyone has simple direct directions, I’ll be there. Just let me know a good time.

The other particular with purchasing a bike is that I will be riding it on the street, so I need valid paperwork and a bike I can plate for street use.

I will check the other listings, I think some one attached a map.

Thank you

Someone did attach a google map link, but it is in Chinese.

Directions would be appreciated. Just state a starting point or major highway and the exit to be used and I should be goo.

Thank you

at the corner of Fu Xing north road, and Minh Zu road, just to the right across the road from where you exit the tunnel under the airport as you head south, there is a small sports bike store selling new and used bikes… i have seen a very noisy Aprilia 2 smoke machine rolling in and out of there a couple of times, and followed it there once through the tunnel (wishing i had ear plugs :wink: ). it might, therefore, be for sale and someone’s test riding it… check it out. of course, it may just be the owner’s friend.

[quote=“dunnman99”]Someone did attach a google map link, but it is in Chinese.

Directions would be appreciated. Just state a starting point or major highway and the exit to be used and I should be goo.

Thank you[/quote]

You coming by car?

Take the first Freeway down to the airport connector and go east to the second freeway (The number 3) and go south to the Lungtan exit. Go to the right and stay straight…This is a ring road that goes around downtown Lungtan. after about 2.5km, you see where the road starts to climb a hill. There’ll be a school and a 7/11 on your right hand side, the main road going off to the left, a small road climbing steeply in front of you, and another small road going off to the right just after the 7/11. Take the right turn, and go up the hill to the first intersection (just over 1km). Turn left, and go down until you see a small white guard gate looking thing on your left (it’s about 800km from the intersection). That is the entrance to the track.

I’ve got a Taiwan used big bike site for you here, just in case you were interested: ocar.com.tw/motorcycle

I am interested, but I only found one bike (motorcycle) in your entire stock that fit into my budget.

I would be curious “how” negotiable the prices are.

Besides that I think the prices are out of my comfort zone, unless a “deal” was made.

Thank you

Of course all prices are negotiable in Taiwan. Unless you are talking about Taiwan built scooters that is. You should try phoning some of those garages up to see what deals they can offer.

Sorry,

I miss-understood. I thought they were all with one garage.

I will have to compile a list of interesting bikes and have a Taiwanese friend do the calling.

Unfortunately I do not speak mandarin yet, and most shops don’t speak english.

Thank you for the resourse.

[quote=“dunnman99”]Thanks to all for the answers on the 2-stroke topic I started.

I looked at a couple NSR, RGV and VFR’s…yes they are all illegal…I had some insiders with the DMV look into some back ways around it and basically if you live outside of a major city…i.e.Taipei, Koashung or Taichung you can get away with riding it. Best case you get caught on one, they confiscate it, 2nd worst they confiscate it and load you with fines, worst case they confiscate it, fine you and revoke your ARC card…Yup happened 2 years ago to an upper level manager at my company (just found out). Actually best case is you are friendly with the cop and he lets you off.

So now I am looking for a Cagiva MITO 125 (if it is bored or Polini’d…O.K.), Aprilia RS125, Hornet250, CB400, CB600 (Hornet), or a Ducati 748.

I have a Taiwanese car agent looking into things for me (as a favor since I am sooooo cheap). But I was hoping someone in the forum had a lead on something.

I am in Taipei, but I can get transport to get the bike delivered from elsewhere on the island if need be.

I have scoured yahoo.tw and goods.ruten.tw I also wlaked both sides of the bike area near Yuanshan MRT (no luck there). Any tips or leads would be appreciated. I am willing to plunk down more for a decent Duc 748.

I was told I need my current M/C license for a year before I can get anything over 250cc, but I currently have 4 different international licenses (non restricted Big CC), an MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) cert (15 years old), and 3 state side M/C licenses over 12 years old. I was told they may endores me with just a test…Hopefully.

Thanks ahead of time for any leads…If you come up with a real good one that pans out, I owe you beers till we puke…

Thank you[/quote]

Cagiva MITO 125 No legal if there even are any

Aprilia RS125 no legal ones

Hornet250 legal and illegal available 90-180k+

CB400 legal and illegal around 60-180k+

CB600 (Hornet)legal and illegal around 60-300k+

do you have any restriction regarding the kind of bike you want?? or the only restriction is the price??..

I am looking for a 2-stroke sport type bike.

But these bikes would fit as well"

Hornet 250
Hornet 600
Bandit 400
NSR (Honda) 125 or 150
RGV 250
TZR 250
Aprillia RS250 or 125
CB600
RC31/Hawk GT/NT650 (Honda)

Any fully faired sport bike with balls (cc’s are not an issue, just power)

NSR 125/150 and RZR 125/135 are available but increasingly rare. pretty much all of the rest of the 2-strokers here are illegals.

i can sell you a 100cc 2 stroke scooter that’ll pull your cheeks off, though.

hornet 250 is available at prices 100k+
600 would be as well probably 250k+
bandit havent seen out here
NSR can start you cheap 20-30k, modify for another 50k and you’ll have an awesome bike :slight_smile:
RGV dont exist here i believe
TZR 125 track bike only, same with honda rs 125, around 100k
Aprilia 125 and 250 i’ve seen but extremely rare
cb600 im guessing 250k+
the rest i dont know about.

Deja vu

I think last time I talked to you, you said you wanted something legal. If that is the case you are screwed because you can’t find a legal 2-stroke unless it is a 150cc NSR or 135cc RZR.

[quote=“Temple”]hornet 250 is available at prices 100k+
600 would be as well probably 250k+
bandit havent seen out here
NSR can start you cheap 20-30k, modify for another 50k and you’ll have an awesome bike :slight_smile:
RGV dont exist here I believe
TZR 125 track bike only, same with honda rs 125, around 100k
Aprilia 125 and 250 I’ve seen but extremely rare
cb600 im guessing 250k+
the rest I don’t know about.[/quote]

I know a guy that has an Aprilia 125 for sale. It needs work (as in doesn’t run, it is so hard to find parts), he said just to buy new fairings for it cost over $30K NT. Just get an NSR 150cc, between Temple and I, we can get you a great bike that will be hellishly fast for under $100K

Temple you forgot the CB 400 at 100k to 150K for a 4 year old bike.

Mine has been going strong since 2000 and I have personaly put 30 000 kilometers on it. :slight_smile: