3/21 Pan-Blue Attempted Coup: Confirmed

Yet more evidence of the Pan-blues utter contempt for democracy.

Defense chief backs coup allegation

[quote] The nation’s top military leader yesterday threw his weight behind claims of a coup plot by pan-blue supporters after the bitterly disputed presidential election in 2004.

During a legislative hearing, Minister of National Defense Lee Jye (李傑) yesterday said that some military personnel had approached him and asked him to feign sickness and step aside so that they could organize a coup against President Chen Shui-bian (陳水扁).[/quote]

[quote]
At Monday’s hearing, Chen’s lawyer showed the judge classified documents that he claimed proved the coup attempt.

He claimed that the classified documents clearly record persons, happenings, times, locations and evidence of the coup attempt.

The Liberty Times, a Chinese-language newspaper and the sister paper of the Taipei Times, yesterday reported that the classified documents said an “incumbent military adviser to the Presidential Office” and a former chief of the general staff had talked to Lee Jye and asked him to step aside on March 24, 2004.

Lee Jye, who was Chief of General Staff at the time, yesterday confirmed these reports.

“Some unidentified military personnel came to me and asked me to play sick' so they could carry out their plans to oust the president. But, when I refused immediately, they just walked away," Lee said. "These people said that they came to me on behalf of certain group of people.’”

However, Lee said that neither former Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) chairman Lien Chan (連戰) nor People First Party Chairman James Soong (宋楚瑜) had approached him or sent anyone to see him on their behalf. But he said he was quite sure that the military personnel who came to him were pan-blue supporters.[/quote]

The “soft” coup conspiracy is still going around. :laughing:

The difference between the “pan-blue” conspiracy and the “pan-green” conspiracy is, of course, that the “pan-green” conspiracy is backed-up by evidence and a principle witness.

2 years after the fact. Must have been very high on the DPP aggenda. Hope they find the shooter of 319 in another 2 years.

Do you remember the incident that was called the soft coup? It was actually quite silly. CSB wanted to retain a “blind” general who announced his intentions to retire months in advance due to his advance age and health issues, to add some validity to CSB questionable “win” for office. The general begrudgingly stayed on for a few more months.

The article itself is quite fanciful, if there are no evidence of KMT or PFP involvement, who was planning to run the country after the coup?

More TI smoke and mirrors nonsense.

It was an attempted DPP coup on itself – to gain sympathy, silly. :unamused:

CSB is such a poor guy.

319, he cuts himself in the stomach and 321, he has to put up with a coup. Doesn’t he ever get a break in life.

Maybe instead of trying to wasting resources making up these tear-jerkers fit for dime-store-pulp-fiction to drum of sympathy, he could perhaps spend more time leading the country.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]CSB is such a poor guy.

319, he cuts himself in the stomach and 321, he has to put up with a coup. Doesn’t he ever get a break in life.

Maybe instead of trying to wasting resources making up these tear-jerkers fit for dime-store-pulp-fiction to drum of sympathy, he could perhaps spend more time leading the country.[/quote]

Jeezus, AC. I wish I was there to slap you in the head.

It was Soong that took Chen to court over this.

That’s great I can see tomorrows English headlines
“Blue Flu Strikes Taiwan”

Oh yes, more ‘secret’ evidence that proves ‘everything’ but can never see the light of day.
How convenient. I trust him, really I do.

[quote=“taiwansotherside”]Oh yes, more ‘secret’ evidence that proves ‘everything’ but can never see the light of day.
How convenient. I trust him, really I do.[/quote]

THIS evidence is being shown in a court of law – not some TVBS choreographed news conference.

With a Green appointed Judges. How much more impartial can this get.

Pining for martial law again, AC?

That’s crazy. They’d lock me up like Li Ao. :laughing:

Of course, no intelligent objective observer could possibly have had any doubt that Lien and Soong were intent on procuring some kind of coup by whatever means they could after they lost the 2004 election. They weren’t exactly subtle about it, were they!

But we’re unlikely ever to know exactly what concrete steps they took toward achieving that end, and whether there was ever any real chance that they could have succeeded.

Although Chen’s presidency has been an unmitigated disaster for Taiwan, a Lien-Soong victory in the election would have been far worse and a coup would have been a hundred times more disastrous. Thank God these dangerously irresponsible megalomaniacs have already been swept from the political stage and will not have further opportunities to inflict major harm on Taiwan’s democracy.

Now we just have to patiently wait out the last two years of Chen’s presidency, pray that his most injudicious excesses can be kept in check, and look to a good contest in the 2008 election to put things right for Taiwan.

In a bid to get at the truth, pump CSB, Lien and Soong full of “truth syrum” and then hook them all up to polygraphs.

Maybe then the truth about the coup will be revealed.

And, the truth about those 2 sweet bullets will be confirmed.

Surely, the second round of the LY “Truth Committee” can arrange for sodium penethol and a lie-detector test!!

That’s totally unfair, why 2 Blue need truth serum and only 1 Green.
It’s already bias from the get go.

We should organize a protest about this.

[quote]Although Chen’s presidency has been an unmitigated disaster for Taiwan, a Lien-Soong victory in the election would have been far worse and a coup would have been a hundred times more disastrous. Thank God these dangerously irresponsible megalomaniacs have already been swept from the political stage and will not have further opportunities to inflict major harm on Taiwan’s democracy.

Now we just have to patiently wait out the last two years of Chen’s presidency, pray that his most injudicious excesses can be kept in check, and look to a good contest in the 2008 election to put things right for Taiwan.[/quote]

Hats off, that man has spoken with sound reason! :notworthy:

HG