3 month old dies with Nanny....nanny puts him in box

…and leaves the box in the parent’s doorway. The nanny then flees on her scooter with the family’s other child and two of her own. And hasn’t yet returned to her own home. Anyone here of this? My wife just told me it’s on the news. Any more details?

Oh and she froze the baby first…before putting it in the box. Nice of her…would smell less.

Case happened in Xinzhuang.

1. Mom found nanny on the Internet.

2. Nanny put child’s body in a freezer, then dropped box.

3. Nanny left a note: sorry, child just left you so soon… something about being resposnsible when ready.

4. Granpa found box.

EDIT:
5. Body had been frozen 5 to 6 days. Whisky Tango Fox?!

1. Parents left the baby with the baomu all the time, last time they saw baby was on the 26th.

In Chinese: http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090504/8/1ivwp.html
http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090504/4/1ivcb.html

Yup, that describes a number of my co-workers. “We are too busy to take care of the baby.” or “It’s too much trouble to pick up the baby at night and then return it the next morning.”

So my question to parents like this: Why the FUCK have a baby if you are too lazy and/or too greedy to take care of it?

And the most common reply: “But my mother and father insisted we have one. You know, pressure from the family. You know, a Chinese thing.” :blah: :blah:

Bizarre to say the least. They need to find out how the baby died and if shes at fault. They need to find her and take away the other children should that be advisable.

I was reading this story in the Apple this morning. I couldn’t believe more swine flue ballyhoo made the front page over this.

tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/artic … d/31599090

More details:

• The nannies that these parents entrusted their baby with were a 20-something couple with criminal records for breaking and entering.

• The note that was left with the corpse said, “This baby died on its own on April 28th some time between 3 and 5 AM. Upon discovering this, we tried emergency first aid but it was of no use. Sorry!”

• It was suspected that last year this couple used babysitting as a way to gain trust with their clients in order to get access to their house to burgle.

As despicable as this behavior is, you’ve got to wonder about these parents as well. What sort of parents entrust their baby to some random 20-something couple in a random apartment and don’t check on their baby for several days at a time?

Yup, that describes a number of my co-workers. “We are too busy to take care of the baby.” or “It’s too much trouble to pick up the baby at night and then return it the next morning.”

So my question to parents like this: Why the FUCK have a baby if you are too lazy and/or too greedy to take care of it?

And the most common reply: “But my mother and father insisted we have one. You know, pressure from the family. You know, a Chinese thing.” :blah: :blah:[/quote]

Sincerely, the way people work here, from 7am to 10pm, having a baby and taking care of him/her seems like Mission Impossible.

There are several reputable baomu associations, and other care taking facilities. I do not know anybody here who has the luxury of raising their kids on their own. Yes, there may be people too lazy/greedy/work oriented, but as a whole, society is organized around someone else, not the parent, taking care of the kids. Sucks, but that’s what happens when “economic development” is prioritized in detriment of everything else.

That is why the parents act so “detached” and do not know how to handle their kids. I wonder then how they expect granpas and grandmas to do any better -aside from having extra time, they do not have any sharper skills. If total strangers have received some training and do this full time , say kindegarden teachers, etc. it has a bit of benefit, but then the numbers -too many kids, little eyeball time- is also troublesome.

A few weeks ago there was a similar case. A little girl died during naptime, apparently choked on her milk. The anchinban teacher had to look over 25 kids.

Now, if the people had criminal records and stuff, that’s a whole new ballgame. But a novice parent, who’s never done anything on their own, and has been told all his/her life to obey and not question, would not have the malice to ask for referenmces -which can be forged- or memebership to the association of baomu -which can also be faked.

[quote=“Icon”]

Sincerely, the way people work here, from 7am to 10pm, having a baby and taking care of him/her seems like Mission Impossible. [/quote]

The president is trying to change this. Mothers now get something like 6 months or more maternal leave. The law just went through the final stages last week. It went through 3 votes…and then the president needed to announce it…which he did last week.

So now as my soon is still under 1 year old my wife can apply and she’ll get 60% of her regular pay for the next 6 months.

And as a result some laobans will be reluctant to hire young women. :s

And others will simply fire mothers with youngsters. As just happened today to a friend of my wife, specifically because of the new law.

Farkin’ ouch!

HG

Just for the record:

According to the Nanny Association, legal nannies or baomu require 126 hours of training, a license and must renew it every three months. Going rates are 22 thousand nts a month. The ones that offer services for 12 thousand -like the one on the news- do not have this requirements.

Most coworkers say it was such a pity, that the young mama -only 21 years old- was not able to afford a good baomu. This has not prevented the press from cruxifying the mom and dad and pestering with the kind of questions taht make your blood boil…

The nanny had already planned her escape, and moved house, when she delivered the baby in a box. They were getting things ready to dissappear -not successfully.

Apparently, according to TV news, they were paying 8 thousand for a house, and sleeping 7 people -including baby- in a single bed. This part I don’t understand.

Apparently they did attempt CPR on the child… given their background, I guess this killed the child faster than the milk.

Phrase of the week:

[quote]Police advised parents who seek round-the-clock care for their children not to perform their search without due diligence, and to be wary of false resumes.

[/quote]
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/local/taipei/2009/05/05/206839/Police-arrest.htm

I had a student once, for a short time, who was a young mother like this. I decided I could not stand her and refused to continue to teach her. Anyway, she was young, had had a baby only because her parents/in-laws insisted and wanted nothing to do with the baby, and was especially dissapointed with the child since it was a girl.

She only saw the child once every two weeks, or once a month if she could get out of one of those visits. She did not work. She liked to shop and got to fansy resturants with her husband and their friends, who were all very well off. This woman even complained that on the occasions when she did see her daughter, her daughter acted disrespectfully by not seeming happy to see her and sometimes making her lose face by showing her preference for her nanny.

I don’t meet very many people that I just flat can’t stand, but this woman made it onto that short list in a very short time.

I think she’s more of a special case, but I caught a lot of duff in Taiwan when our son was born and I quit working to stay home with him. People just could not understand why I would give up my income, which was three times my husband’s, and live on his much smaller income, just to stay with my baby. I couldn’t understand why Taiwanes women keep working and spend nearly their entire income on allowing someone else to raise their child.

My wife took her company’s 1 or 2 year maternal leave…so that in the future she can go back at her present pay rate. Her company told her that she was the first person in the history of their company to ask for it.

Even though she worked 12 hour days at a factory job…and paid the vast majority of her daily earnings to the nanny…her family still told her she was stupid to leave her job. They thought working 12 hour days for 200nt and then having to care for a baby was the smarter option. :loco: