3 TI referenda

[quote]http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/111572.htm

1. what to do with assets the DPP says the rival Kuomintang (KMT) stole from the government before 2000

2. The party has also submitted to election officials a referendum calling for Taiwan to apply for U.N. membership as “Taiwan” rather than the “Republic of China”

3. a third to promote “transitional justice” after decades of authoritarian rule [/quote]

Ac_dropout’s wisely ignored comment about this whole affair.

1. I was always under the impression that a referendum was usually just a yes or no answer type of thing. A what to do question requires an essay. I’m sure the millions of ROC citizens will feel so obligated to write an essay on a topic that will be reviewed by bureaucrat and recounted 2-3 times to make sure the collective answer is correct.

Why is the cut off at 2000? Because DPP stolen assets are not be reviews. Because the KMT became the party of angels in the new millennia

1. Back to the old shell game. If we just all rename the place Taiwan and not ROC, everyone will be so confused that they will have to treat us normally. Rename everything under the sky or just 170 public institution, not only will you confuse everyone in ROC, but perhaps a slim possibility that you will confuse the UN to let in a new member. Because let’s face it, all Chinese nations looking to become members for the 30th time look the same to the UN review board.

I’m sure the PRC with all those other islands off its coast will just forget about this island once the name changes.

Might I suggest Chinese Taipei be the new name submitted to the UN for admission.

1. Oh I love this question. I think it deserves its own nickname. Might I so bold to suggest:

The Lynch a WSR question
The Kill a Chinese for day question

This is just too funny. I can’t believe my ROC tax dollars pays for initiatives like this.

I personally think this is potentially great news. Let the DPP run on a platform of “rectifying” past evils via expensive, controversial, and ultimately meaningless referenda. Ma will continue to run on his practical platform of economic vitality.

Let the two sides have orthogonal campaign positions with little overlap, and then let the Taiwanese people decide which matters more to them. I have no problem with that approach.

[quote=“ac_dropout”][quote]http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/111572.htm

1. what to do with assets the DPP says the rival Kuomintang (KMT) stole from the government before 2000

2. The party has also submitted to election officials a referendum calling for Taiwan to apply for U.N. membership as “Taiwan” rather than the “Republic of China”

3. a third to promote “transitional justice” after decades of authoritarian rule [/quote]

Ac_dropout’s wisely ignored comment about this whole affair…
[/quote]
Indeed.

I suppose they are going to ask some questions that are answered with y/n … it’s just quoted wrong by the ‘KMT’ China Post … so don’t worry ac … put your brain to work on other more important things, as to how to a democracy works for instance …

Maybe they should set up a commission on determining what the plural of “referendum” is, and then wrongly chose “referenda” anyway.

Or maybe they can make ac_dropout put links in his posts that work ?

Don’t look to me or the KMT for answers. These are solely DPP and TI initiatives. Ask that TI fearless leader what’s the point to all these questions, when people are suppose to be electing a president.

I don’t know if a question like “Should we kill all WSR?” would taint individuals when they choose between a KMT or DPP candidate.

Perhaps the referrendum question will be in Japanese this time around to make sure only people who love Taiwan will vote… :laughing:

Well I guess it is not a bad time to reveal that AC_Dropout and BeeBee are on payroll.

That is to undo everything that CCTang tries to achieve.

So don’t worry about their posts, they’re intentional.

Ohh, is that because you discovered that we are on the same payroll from the Taiwan Center… :laughing:

Let us do a more serious question for referendum:

a) Should the KMT be liquidated? (As it happened in all the rest of dictatorships that ended?)

This should be the number one question, all the rest are purely just running around it. Then, all the people with power grips should be accounted for. Cleaning up the government IS the first thing to do when you end a dictatorship, except that this cleaning never happened in Taiwan. There will never be a democracy in Taiwan while the same old guys are running the show…

[quote=“mr_boogie”]Let us do a more serious question for referendum:

a) Should the KMT be liquidated? (As it happened in all the rest of dictatorships that ended?)

This should be the number one question, all the rest are purely just running around it. Then, all the people with power grips should be accounted for. Cleaning up the government IS the first thing to do when you end a dictatorship, except that this cleaning never happened in Taiwan. There will never be a democracy in Taiwan while the same old guys are running the show…[/quote]
Should KMT be liquidated?
Either you mr boogie must be in deep hallucination (after an overdose of TI-presciption drugs), or you must be out of touch from reality. LOUDLY, THE PAN-BLUE COALITION LEADS BY KMT WAS SUPPORTED AND VOTED IN THE LAST ELECTION TO RETAIN THE MAJORITY SEATS IN THE LEGISLATIVE YUAN. Unless maybe you are trying to poke fun at the intellectual maturity of the majority of the Taiwanese who voted Blue.

The rest is irrelevant (wasting your time) when you are running around like a chicken on the loose.

I will agree to question 1, on the condition that we are allowed to dissolve TI supporters and leaders…I mean literally of course… :laughing:

Huh? I’m not on Taiwan Center payroll.
The only people who are on Taiwan Center payroll are janitors. Do you really sweep the floors? :slight_smile:

Now go back to shaming the KMT and CCP. You’re doing a great job so far, but you are not irreplaceable.

I guess you aren’t that high up there in the Taiwan Center hierarchy yet. I guess they don’t trust you since you can’t speak Taiwanese or that other dialect, Taiwanese. :laughing:

I’ll put in a good word for you. So next time you’re there and you hear some Taiwanese followed by some chuckling around you. You’ll know I said something nice about you. :laughing:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]I guess you aren’t that high up there in the Taiwan Center hierarchy yet. I guess they don’t trust you since you can’t speak Taiwanese or that other dialect, Taiwanese. :laughing:

I’ll put in a good word for you. So next time you’re there and you hear some Taiwanese followed by some chuckling around you. You’ll know I said something nice about you. :laughing:[/quote]
Its okay AC, I understand you love your janitor duties. But seriously, all Taiwan Center has on payroll are like the the two maintenance guys. Heck, its not even a full wage, they’re just paid to cover basic work expenses. They even call themselves and are considered volunteers.

So I don’t understand what your obsession is with getting payroll in Taiwan Center. Is it really that much more than what you’re making now?

I don’t know how it is in your community or whatever, but we don’t have to pay everyone to get people motivated to do work here.

Too bad CSB cut some of the funding to the Taiwanese center. The bonuses were so much smaller this year… :laughing:

Right, just so you didn’t know it is entirely funded by the community.

But you’re not involved in anything Taiwanese except to suppress it.

Lets see, numbers of Pan Blues in LY have been dropping steadily, even with last years “victory”. At this rate they’ll be the minority within 6 years.

KMT could probably do with a name change or something, Nationalism is inherently racist. Also being the party famous for murder doesn’t help.

Really John Liu funds the place. No I didn’t know that. The place is not funded by the community as you claim. Or my checks wouldn’t be as large as they are from there.

Yes I force you to use English to suppress your inner Taiwanese. :laughing:

Exactly, that is why Taiwanese nationalism is bad. So when are you going to stop being a racist. :laughing:

Sorry about your poor world history knowledge beebee, but please tell me a single party-state that existed and still exists in the world. I give you some nice examples:

• The Nazi party
  • The Frente Popular
  • The União Nacional
  • The Partito Nazionale Fascista
    and so on…

[quote=“mr_boogie”]Sorry about your poor world history knowledge beebee, but please tell me a single party-state that existed and still exists in the world. I give you some nice examples:

• The Nazi party
  • The Frente Popular
  • The União Nacional
  • The Partito Nazionale Fascista
    and so on…[/quote]
    mr boogie, you don’t need to go round the world to find one such party;
    KMT, the only party which existed then and is still getting stronger by the day now.
    KMT, the only party which started as single party-state, before initiated the birth of democracy in Taiwan.
    KMT, the only party with the courage to resist Japanese invaders then and now still strongly oppose Japanese illegal occupation of Diaoyutai.
    KMT, the only party which is willing to admit any past wrongdoings
    KMT, the only party which can work with PRC, US, Japan and all nations in the world
    KMT, the people’s party that is supported by all classes of people
    KMT, the premier party leading the Pan Blue coalition which now holds the majority seats in LYC
    KMT, the only party which can talk with talks, and work with works.
    KMT, the only party which doesn’t bank on cheap publicity to be recognised unlike the DPP ‘amok’ mentality
    et al…
    Finally KMT, the only party that can be counted to lead Taiwan into a golden era of prosperity and harmony.

So mr boogie, what much more do you expect. Tell me please.

beebee,

Where do I send the flowers to? :notworthy: :bravo: