3 TI referenda

[quote=“mr_boogie”]Sorry about your poor world history knowledge beebee, but please tell me a single party-state that existed and still exists in the world. I give you some nice examples:
[/quote]
People’s Action Party - Singapore
Liberal Democratic Party - Japan

Well, not quite a single party state… just states consistently dominated by single parties that originally achieved power in very non-democratic ways. With the DPP’s current performance, would not surprise me to see the KMT join their ranks in a similar arrangement.

[quote=“cctang”][quote=“mr_boogie”]Sorry about your poor world history knowledge beebee, but please tell me a single party-state that existed and still exists in the world. I give you some nice examples:
[/quote]
People’s Action Party - Singapore
Liberal Democratic Party - Japan

Well, not quite a single party state… just states consistently dominated by single parties that originally achieved power in very non-democratic ways. With the DPP’s current performance, would not surprise me to see the KMT join their ranks in a similar arrangement.[/quote]
Those are bad examples because…

1. CCTang was unable to point out single party states that still exists so he changed the rules to states consistently dominated by single parties which is a huge difference because there are so many nations that fit into that category.
  2. The LDP was dominated not as one, rather just in name. It has about 9 factions that fight for power under a single party name but campaign under their factions.
  3. Its also funny to see how often CCTang tries to cover for AC and BeeBee.

Really John Liu funds the place. No I didn’t know that. The place is not funded by the community as you claim. Or my checks wouldn’t be as large as they are from there.[/quote]
Wow, I said “community” not “councilman”. rofl.

Yes I force you to use English to suppress your inner Taiwanese. :laughing:[/quote]
=) You we’re high when you wrote this weren’t you? Awww

Exactly, that is why Taiwanese nationalism is bad. So when are you going to stop being a racist. :laughing:[/quote][/quote]
…says AC Dropout whom hates interracial marriage, whines about bensenren/weisunren racism out of nowhere and totally off topic when no one else cares, and has been suspended from this forum for bad behavior how many times?

Not to mention asked to moderated the D&R section of forumosa. :laughing:
My accolades are endless.

now beebee, do you want me start the “KMT the only party …” thing? I can come up with a thousand more than you can, but, as I can assume you never grew up in a democracy where the history is REAL, I’m going to let you go with it.

I’m still trying to understand what Ma said about China and Taiwan shouldn’t deny each other…
Let us do this in Math way:

deny = not recognize
not deny = not not recognize = recognize

So he said that China should recognize Taiwan? Bloody Hell, this is TI stuff (according to some members of this forum)… Ma is a TI’er…

[quote=“ac_dropout”]
Where do I send the flowers to? :notworthy: :bravo:[/quote]

Thank you. You’r always warmly welcome.

We’r on the same payroll, alright. :laughing:

i think it’s ok for ac to vent. my husband is a waishengren and he doesn’t have that anger (or whatever it is) ac has, but then my husband didn’t feel powerless since he was a small time liumang. we were out on the commons area in front of our house and it was starting to get dark- it was a beautiful night. my husband was teaching us (me and my two daughters) to play laoying zhua xiao ji. do you know that game? it was fun. he said in the military village he lived in all the kids would come out in the evening and play all kinds of games together. they had lots of fun. sometimes they had to run inside when some taiwanese liumang came into the village on motorcycles and had bats or knives. I couldn’t believe it, but he said that’s just the way it was. But with all that he never says anti-Japanese stuff or anti-TI supporter stuff, or especially anti-interracial marriage crap. When he wants to rag on people, it’s usually Americans. :grrr: :stinkyface: :saywhat: :fatchance: :bluemad: :cluck:

v,

You’re just jealous because I’m not sending you any flowers. :laughing:

well i gave you the chance to work up to that when you were correcting my chinese, but you blew it. and i…have…dealt…withit. how old were you when you left taiwan? do you ever feel that you are not chinese enough? somewhere in the middle? did you teach your children to play laoying zhua xiao ji? just curious

The General and the prostitute, is a very fun game. Perhaps we can talk about it more in the D&R section of forumosa.

Thank you all for NOT using Taiwanese or Chinese on this English language forum.

PS: referenda IS the correct plural of referendum. ‘referendums’ is becoming more accepted in usage too due to an unfortunate American tendency to discard the Latin form of words such as plurals. Referendum is the gerundive of the Latin verb ‘Referre’, to refer. we also see it widel used in the word referee, for example.

Agenda is a very happy word in America, but few realise it is the plural of Agendum. It’s the same deal.

ac said:
The General and the prostitute, is a very fun game. Perhaps we can talk about it more in the D&R section of forumosa.

v says: you are besmirching chinese culture!!! you must be an ambassador of your culture, as i am, not someone who gives laowai the wrong idea!!! i myself have already spread chinese culture in a chain reaction of elementary school children who are now innundating chinese restaurants with the phrase ‘ni hao!’ why can’t you spread good will as they are? as I am? ok, i will still give you the chance to redeem yourself by answering my questions in a topsecret pm to me. :flowers: :secret: :thumbsup: