3000 km biking trails in Taiwan

I heard some news reports but I haven’t seen anything in writing that there are 3000 km of biking paths in Taiwan.

And that Taiwan will spend nt$1.2 billion in the next couple of years connecting and improving the system. That’s a hella money.

Great news for cycling in Taiwan.

Wish I had a map or an app and could also use a nap.

1 Like

It’s probably a typo. The real number is 3000 km²

1 Like

How much is that in cm³

They’re also numbered and named yet there seems to be no central Index Map. Maybe I just cannot find it.

2 Likes

You have to ask the metric people. We Americans use the American system!

Some cycling maps but I find them incorrect or confusing, try to follow and there’s big breaks in paths or dead ends.

Taidong had tons of long nice trails made. Nobody used them and now they are all overgrown in disrepair

fl. oz?

1 Like

Are there any apps out yet that cover Taiwan or are starting to cover Taiwan?

Would be nice to have an app to plot routes or just pull up on phone and decide where to go next or which routes have a dedicated bike path or lane.

Looks like Taipei is marking a lot of lanes or indications for bike sharing lanes along roads big and small.

I’m not sure if the bike option on Google maps is island wide yet, but if you use that for directions, most of the time, it will give you routes via the riverside paths or roads with signed or designated bike paths.

try komoot, good routing app too.

1 Like

Well, there’s this map on the website of the Construction and Planning Agency, Ministry of the Interior. Only in Chinese. Looks very professional; unfortunately, it’s really just someone’s daydream. http://bikeway.cpami.gov.tw/Bikeway/CMMEQP/OMapData.aspx?fbclid=IwAR18c_IUnCejj0hRJUXAp6cuEjac748iZRrPynQzhVVVpic4fuv-ZQ1vqWM