33, one kid - what's her chances?

So, my missus is 33 with a kid.

In this culture does she stand a chance of finding a man who’s willing to take her on?

Apperently not, if your a Chinese woman…

I wouldn’t say that. I know of a divorcee with 2 two kids now in her 40’s. She found another SO about 10 years ago and they’ve been together ever since.

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]So, my missus is 33 with a kid.

In this culture does she stand a chance of finding a man who’s willing to take her on?

Apperently not, if your a Chinese woman…[/quote]
And you’re asking this because…?
Don’t tell me you’re working on your speach to get her back!? “Yeah, well you’d better take me back cuz you don’t stand a chance to find another man here who’d be willing to take you on!”… “How do I know?.. I did a poll on Forumosa, that’s how!”

Sorry, I’m sure you’re not an a-hole like that, I just had to take a shot at you, becuase you made it so easy posting these two threads at the same time. :smiley:

I have a Taiwanese sister-in-law who is about that age and has a kid. She’s good looking, sweet natured, considerate, bright and cheerful. Her marriage in her early 20s was short and disastrous - the guy was an arsehole who was shagging another woman, to whom he’s now married. But sis-in-law doesn’t seem the slightest bit interested in shacking up with any other guy. Her son is absolutely everything to her (she got custody because the ex’s new wife wouldn’t accept her man keeping the boy), and she seems contented enough with her partnerless lot in life.

Maybe quite a lot of single mums feel pretty much the same: their experience of blokes, whether limited or otherwise, has hurt them badly, and they’d rather just build their lives around their kids and leave men completely out of the picture.

Not at all. A good personal friend is pretty close to marrying a divorcee that’s close to 40 with a 7 year old kid. Another acquaintance has been together with the same woman, who was divorced with 2 kids when they met, for 15 years now. All parties are Chinese, btw.

i’d say her chances are about the same as Hillary Clinton’s…bwa ha ha ha

if she’s real desperate, just send her to Carnegies.

Among traditionalists? Not much chance. But there are many, many people here who aren’t traditionalists, these days.

In this culture does she stand a chance of finding a man who’s willing to take her on?[/quote]

Is she looking? Or are you just pointing out that her age and her kid aren’t obstacles for you the way they are for many?

Well, she could always try her luck at the happy hours.

The traditional patterns here are changing and changing fast, 10 years ago, she would have had a much harder time than she has now.

Trying her luck online might work too.

I’m pretty sure Ms Baas Babelaas is in Xiamen, and while that is certainly close, I suspect it will be sometime before she can make it over for a happy hour.

HG

Two words: internet dating. It really changes the whole “in this culture” thing.

Younger women are cuties. Women in their 30s are hotties. I prefer hotties. What are her chances? Pretty fuggin good.

T.

Probably depends on her looks, finances, spirit … and some more stuff …

Does she have unctuous thighs?

Which are?

What are her chances of what? Getting laid? No problem. Getting married? Probably not too difficult, even with a kid in tow, if she’s halfway presentable and not too psychotic. Getting married to the man of her dreams and living happily ever after? Ha. What are your chances?

When I met my wife, she was 34 with two kids. The best decision I ever made was to marry her.

What were YOUR chances if you didn’t? :wink:

T.

What were YOUR chances if you didn’t? :wink:

T.[/quote]

I enjoyed my single years very much. In fact, I never planned to get married. I had my first professional job in Singapore after Grad School in the UK [well second job…working in Brussels was more drinking than working :smiley: ). I tell you, being 21, slightly cocky, and making pretty good coin in Singapore was a lot of fun…lots of pretty Malay, Chinese, Eurasian, Indian, and mixed women…with a good income and good credentials, you can exploit a lot of materialistic lasses in Singapore [women in that country live for the 5 C’s–career, condo, club, credit card, and car :laughing: ) …Taiwan was a lot of fun when I was single as well…but when you meet the right one, everything changes. For me, I knew it was the right one when I hardly knew her and she accompanied me to the hospital for some very painful tests during a health scare back in 2003. A great mother and a nurturer. I also knew when I found out she preferred books and painting to shopping for clothes that I had found a keeper.

Age is irrelevant.
Kick Out The Jams!