3D Harry Potter

We’ve heard Harry Potter is showing in 3D in Taipei? Anyone know where? If you can let us know the closest MRT stop that’d also be useful. (Sorry if it’s been discussed already but I couldn’t find it when I searched).

Thanks

imax 3d at the miramar in dazhi. the new neihu line goes right by, not sure of the station.

Do they still give out disposable glasses (red and green cellophane in cardboard) for 3D movies, or have I missed out on some new technology? Do the modern 3D effects look good? Is it worth seeing this in 3D, or will that just be a distraction? Do they do the whole movie with this effect, or just some portions? If the latter, do they warn you when to put the goggles on? Or do you have to wear uncomfortable goggles for a whole movie just to see two minutes in 3D? Sorry, that’s a lot of questions. :smiley:

Thanks,

Do you know if they have a website with session times?

I’ll let you know about the glasses too after I’ve been, although last time I saw a 3D film the glasses were clear, not coloured, and were more like cheap plastic sunglasses in style.

They use polarized sunglasses and if you haven’t seen a movie with these things on, you’ve missed out. It’s an amazing effect. The glasses are lightweight and big enough to fit over your own glasses if you wear them. The IMAX screen helps, because the effect is better if you can’t see the edge of the screen. The last movie I saw 3D was Monsters vs. Aliens. Next week I will go see Up in 3D. I will like it.

I agree with the Doc. I try to see every movie that comes out in 3D, and love most of them. I just saw Ice Age 3, which was not as good as Monsters VS Aliens, but still not that bad. Even My Bloody Valentine, which was a crap movie, was pretty cool in 3D. The technology has come a looong way since those disposable red/blue glasses. I’m looking forward to Up! and Harry Potter.

Oh, and some of the movies are entirely in 3D, some are just partially, and yes they tell you when to put on the glasses. I think Harry Potter is only partial. But still worth seeing at the IMAX.

chinapost.com.tw/cp/showtimes/taipei.asp
Here’s the movie page. I haven’t noticed where it says Harry Potter is in 3D.

It’s only in 3D at the Miramar IMAX.

The website for the IMAX is here: miramarcinemas.com.tw/imax/index.htm

You’ll more than likely have to book in advance.

The closest MRT stop is called ‘Jiannan Rd.’

Also, and this is probably important, only the first 10 minutes are in 3D.

Doesn’t that interrupt the flow of the movie? It seems like something I wouldn’t mind pausing for, for Tremors or Godzilla, fer instance. Do they flash the notice on the movie screen, or do they have a little lit sign on the sides that comes on less obtrusively?

Doesn’t that interrupt the flow of the movie? It seems like something I wouldn’t mind pausing for, for Tremors or Godzilla, fer instance. Do they flash the notice on the movie screen, or do they have a little lit sign on the sides that comes on less obtrusively?[/quote]There’s a little icon in the corner telling you to put your glasses on, it’s obvious but not intrusive. I watched Superman Returns there in 3D, and it did take time for my eyes to refocus after putting the classes on, that’s what bothered me. Maybe it was just me.

[quote](red and green cellophane in cardboard)[/quote]That is so 60’s.

A set of glasses flashes at the bottom of the screen.

Oops, I see someone has answered that already… :blush:

Yes dear, that’s the geological era from which I emerged.

Thanks for the replies. I’m not as terrified of this new technology now, although Dragonbabe is still afraid it will make her queasy. We’ll bring an airline sickness bag.