3on3 basketball tourney

阿秋活蟹 3v3.com.tw Summer Slam 3on3 Basketball Tournament

Basketball enthusiasts are gearing up for the first ever Summer Slam 3-ON-3 BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT to be held on July 14th and 15th at Chung Hsing University, Taichung. It is proudly presented by A Choice House and 3v3.com.tw. Summer Slam is destined to become the city’s premier 3- on-3 tournament, attracting the best teams from around Taiwan.

Upwards of 128 teams will compete in one of two divisions: AllStar and Recreational. AllStar Teams will compete for a NT$40,000 prize. Other prizes will include shoes and apparel from UNDRCRWN and PUMA. . All participants may register online at 3v3.com.tw or join in person at World Gym, Papas Pizza, Oldies Franks or No Boundaries before July 6, 2007. The fee is NT1500 per team and includes a T-shirt for each player and three games for each team.
The tournament will be played on 16 courts, which will include a referee and a court marshal. There will be physiotherapists on-hand to help with any injuries. Spectators are welcome to join for and take part in the fun.

Along with the competition there are many other activities for both players and fans. World Gym will be hosting the 3 point contest and there will be kiosks on hand selling food, refreshments and much more. A DJ will be spinning with some local hip hop talent.
Summer Slam 2007 will be a basketball tournament and a festival atmosphere. With between 3000 and 5000 spectators expected to watch, the weekend should prove to be a can’t miss experience. For more information go to 3v3.com.tw or call 0955 972 752. So don’t wait! Sign up today and enjoy the Summer Slam experience!

I’ve just arrived in Taiwan from Australia and would love to take part in this 3-on-3 tournament in Taichung. If you are interested in getting a team together, shoot me an email (ashleyhayat@yahoo.com) or phone me (0925 755 953). I am currently in Taipei but am looking to move down to Taichung in the next week or so (also looking for a room to rent if you know of anything).

I used to play at a high level in juniors (under 20 yo) in Australia and still have some ‘game’.

Let me know if you are interested.

Ashley