4G data plan consumption

I have a 12Gb/month 4G data plan with CHT. I just received a message from CHT saying that I’ve reached my quota and they’ve reduced my data speed because of that.
However, my Android system shows that my data usage is of 7.7Gb only!
How to check what is the effective data usage and how to discuss that with CHT?

Here’s the message I got:
親愛的中華客戶,您的上網量於05月09日13時08分用完,上網速率已調降。若您需要加購或兌換上網量以恢復原速使用,請至客服APP或由手機連結emome網站 XXXXXX 若有連結或會員認證問題請撥800客服專線。

Is it from the time you start your 12GB that is showing. Or does the phone show for the month of May?

1 Like

Kind of obvious but data plans usually use the sum of download and upload.

Yep. My plan is a cycle from 24~23 every month.
Here’s the data usage:

on iPhone no, but not sure of android

I would not be surprised if it wasn’t

I did. But this would be included in data usage as well, no?

On iPhone no, not sure about android

I would not be surprised if it wasn’t included

Kinda related… I access my mobile data usage page under Settings and I just see a list of applications and how much data they have consumed within the period selected, but I do not see an accumulative graph like the one on your screenshot. How do I see that?

1 Like

I got this plot from the same page, just above the applications list.
But I think you need to set a billing cycle first, to be able to see it.

I think he got app that aggragates those apps, which is why he also doesn’t see tethering usage

So, if you sum the app usages, does it match the graph? If yes, then tethering is not included …

No. It’s the system one.

I just found it. It is included.
Screenshot_20190509-182019_Settings

1 Like

Seems like it’s a common enough issue that they’ve added the above

Yeah. I got that.
I was just wondering if there’s any way to confirm it. Otherwise, my only choice is to accept whatever CHT says…

Call CHT and ask them, they may have daily logs or some other verification, I’m certain you won’t be the first to ask

1 Like

My plan with FarEastOne is horribly complicated with tiers of data and applicable speed, designed purposefully to confuse people.

Could it be that your 12Gb is divided into tiers, and once you bust through 8Gb tier you get shaped?

There is no way their metering is that far off…

1 Like

I found out what’s happening.
For some reason, CHT decided to change the billing cycle to 11th~10th, instead of 24th~23rd. This change happened some months ago and, as I wasn’t using so much data before, there was no conflict of data usage between the two different cycles until now.
I have now adjusted the dates and I did have used above the quota this month.
Screenshot_20190510-131534_Settings
Luckily, today is the last day of the cycle, so tomorrow I’ll be back at full speed!
Thank you all for the help!

1 Like