4Q2 in Hsinchu

I must give this place a plug. Really friendly owners (Nigel and Nu nu) and absolutely spot on food in a sports bar atmosphere. Nigel makes the best weekend brunch I’ve had in Taiwan. Plus great standbys like burgers, pasta, fish and chips etc. And specials like cottage pie, bangers and mash and meatloaf. In my opinion, defintely the best western food in Xinzhu.

I agree. Nice place, decent people, adorable, friendly servers, but the worst in music. It’s slightly better than The Pig & Whistle’s (downstairs) music selection (which drives me into slumber or violent fits), but the music can be a buzz kill.

Rock and roll only exists at the B52, imo. 4q2 is “lawyer rock.”

Rock’n’roll died in Hsinchu.

Who am I kidding? It never lived here… :raspberry:

[quote=“Ric Flair”]I agree. Nice place, decent people, adorable, friendly servers, but the worst in music. It’s slightly better than The Pig & Whistle’s (downstairs) music selection (which drives me into slumber or violent fits), but the music can be a buzz kill.

Rock and roll only exists at the B52, imo. 4q2 is “lawyer rock.”

Rock’n’roll died in Hsinchu (Xinzhu).

Who am I kidding? It never lived here… :raspberry:[/quote]

I’ve got to agree on the “lawyer rock”. I’ve been drawn in by the food and forced out by the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac on many occasions. B52 is pretty good for classic rock, but there is absloutely nowhere in Hsinchu where you can hear anything remotely edgy. Then again it beats the hell out of going to The Flying Pig and hearing “mambo #5” for the 10 millionth time, not to suggest it was anything but shit the first time. On the plus side, there used to be lots of sluts there.