5 Year Visa


A friend of mine said that a few years ago she was able to make arrangements outside of Taiwan to receive a five year visa. (It is kind of like those “student visas,” which need to be renewed every so often for a total of five years. In this case, provided that you leave Taiwan every two months).

What she had to show her local Taiwan representative office was that she would be representing a US-based company in Taiwan and would be travelling to other Asian countries while working here.

I called my local Taiwan representative office and they have no idea what I am talking about. Has anyone heard of such a thing? Does anyone know the proper name for this?

Please post your advice here.