50 Cent in Taipei?

Tonight one of my students told me that 50 Cent is playing in Taipei on February 24. I found it kind of hard to believe because he’s so out of the loop of most foreign acts that play here; Pavorotti, Maksim and Michael Bolton to name a few recent highlights. But then again gangsta rap is pretty popular with teenagers here so.
Or am I wrong? Has anyone else heard of this, and if it’s true do you have details regarding venue, where to buy tickets and so on.

Haven’t heard of that…has anyone else heard about Prodigy playing on New Years?

That might be misleading, I heard it was a Wigger from Canada.

He’s billed as “Ontario’s 50 Cent”.

He’s called “Five Cent”

In the States we call him “Nickel”

Some of his best known songs,

“Pass the Purple Gas” about subsidized agricultural fuel and it’s woes.

“My Ho ain’t a sista, she’s from the Res” which is about interacial dating.

“Throw down on the Ice” a taunting song about hockey violence in the minor leagues.

“Rollin’ down the block, Bumper Huntin’ Deers, Sippin’ on Gin and Moosehead” An impossibly long titled song which is self explanatory.

“I Love It When She Calls Me Big Hockey Puck”… A love ballad.

“Can’t take that, You’re Takin’ My Gat” About the Canadian Govt.'s plans to take away handguns from legally registered owners and give them to the people who really need and use them- the criminals.

I heard the gangsta all-star all caucasin group “Black Guy Pees” are going to open for him.

Should be a good show.

50 cents would play here because of situation dealing with promoters :unamused: How Pavoritti(sp) did it, is beyond me.

I did hear that Bones Thugs and Harmony is playing at Luxy for New Year’s. But that was in pasing, not verified.

Forgot to mention: In Europe he’s known as “200 Euro”, best known for his movie/song about growing up in the mean streets of Hamilton,
“3.7 kilometers”

Bones Thugs is playing at Luxy and I think 50 cent is playing at the Big Egg. Tickets I hear are pretty pricy, 3000 to 6000nt.

Can anyone else confirm this, that 50 cent is playing here? And did my student have the date right? Even though the prices are high, that’s the norm here, where can the tickets be had?

It’s not Prodigy, it’s the less talented guy with lots of tattoos who formed his own crew. I searched online, 50’s site included, and found no mention of him coming to this funny little island. I hope it’s happening, tho, even tho every hip hop show I’ve ever seen (Wu Tang, Tribe farwell tour, etc.) has sucked big donkey nuts …

Can anyone else confirm this, that 50 cent is playing here? And did my student have the date right? Even though the prices are high, that’s the norm here, where can the tickets be had?[/quote]

It seems there is some truth to this rumor:

ticket.com.tw/dm.asp?P1=0000006070

The date is listed on his website (under Tour), as well:

50cent.com/

2/24 Sungshan Soccer Stadium, Taipei, Thailand

Nice… :unamused:

Bubba 2 Guns, you get a great big hug back from me for that! I just spat coffee all over my screen. AGAIN. Yesterday it was because of some Lazy Sunday link where these two guys rap about cupcakes some crazy dood sent to me.

Wow, Bone Thugs. Haven’t heard them since…1999 or so. Think I’ma go listen to them now.

Neat-o!

I think we should boycott him since he can’t get the country right. Or maybe we won’t need to. Maybe his brilliant ass will buy tickets to Thailand.

50 cent what?? Like coffee?
That would rule.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]Forgot to mention: In Europe he’s known as “200 Euro”, best known for his movie/song about growing up in the mean streets of Hamilton,
“3.7 kilometers”[/quote]Kilometres.

tonight
[Edit: It should be 2nite]

My coworkers were really excited about 50 c today. They say they know some guy who works at Luxy who says that the big man will be making an appearance there after the concert.

I hope the media doesn’t hound him too much and force him to bust a cap into somebodys ass.

I don’t care much for his music but I like it when the big names show up and say nice things about Taiwanese people.

He tends to travel with a heavy crew, so I believe that this maybe a time where the ego driven reporters will be a bit shy, lets say.

And it was reported in the papers, that one of his entertain requests was to be supplied with 5 local ladies. Those girls will never be the same… :noway:

No mention of the ladies, but he sure needs alot of condoms, among other things.

Anyone here about the foreigners that got beat up? I heard 2.

[quote=“Josefus”]

No mention of the ladies, but he sure needs alot of condoms, among other things.[/quote]

maybe it’s for him and his hommies…if ya know what I mean :wink:

anybody when to see the show? How’d it go?