50m hinet ftth

HINET is now offering 50M/3M service, or maybe they have been for a while now, but at least they are now advertising it actively. I went for it. I enjoy live sports streamed from North America and can’t stand bandwidth issues. (yes, I’m a sports junkie… :smiley: )

My old 20M/2M FTTH (fiber to the home) connection was about $1200 a month. My new 50M service is $1195 for the first year, and $1700 for the second year on a two year contract. I thought that price was pretty damn good. They are offering that special price (the 1st year discount) at this time, and I’m not sure how long it’ll run for.
Chung-Hwa Telecom will install a new modem which also has Wi-Fi service, no extra cost.

Just wanted to put this out there in case others have heard about it, are wondering about it, and want to know if it’s worth it. I’m certainly satisfied.

Does it show? Do you have faster connections?
Because for me, having 10, 20, 50 M doesn’t make a difference as the servers are located abroad and they don’t care about what bandwidth you have.

CHT/Hinet they just guaranty 50M in Taiwan, on their own network.

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]Does it show? Do you have faster connections?
Because for me, having 10, 20, 50 M doesn’t make a difference as the servers are located abroad and they don’t care about what bandwidth you have.

CHT/Hinet they just guaranty 50M in Taiwan, on their own network.[/quote]
I know what you mean, as most of the stuff I do on the net is on overseas websites. But yeah, things have sped up considerably. I didn’t use to have too much trouble with 20M, but on the weekends it would lull some. Not anymore. I had both an NHL game and a MLB game streaming in at the same time in two separate browser windows at the highest video quality offered from those two sites. No trouble at all. That would have been impossible before. I’ve done a number of Speedtest.net checks from various regions globally, and while you don’t get 50M to North America, for example, I got 35M at night time. That’s pretty decent in my mind.
Hope that helps.