5G in Taipei?

I’m considering buying new 5g phone first, tether to my laptop for WiFi.
Shared with landlord WiFi in my apartment is really slow and stops :raised_hand: at times.

Any Forumosa using 5g in Taipei and what’s it like for price?

1 Like

If it improves your typing go for it

11 Likes

wut is that title mean

Guy

3 Likes

It’s like some sort of government slogan

Taipei 5G I’m having it!

4 Likes

I have it though I don’t feel the difference lol.

2 Likes

Wurst titel Eva lol

5G is really good and use it as your hotspot works well although there may be some limits to that.

3 Likes

OK bad title :rofl: No excuse.

2 Likes

I guess if you want to run your phone really hot from it doing so much work, you could do that. I would also say that you would want unlimited usage, so that is about 1000-1300nt per month. There is companies that offer dongles that you plug into a usb on your computer that connect to the internet (not sure if they offer 5g for that).

2 Likes

You can also get a router with a sim card slot that then acts like a 4/5G modem and router. This is what I do in a house where I can’t get high speed internet.

Some options: PChome 24h購物

3 Likes

If I had said that, I would have been suspended or temped.

Same.

Do you guys have some magic going on with the mods?

Sometimes you just need to ask the question.

Regarding 5G—I have no idea. I’m a cheapskate with the cheapest phone plan I could find. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

I have a cheap account that gives me a free new phone every year, free internet, and lets me make cheap overseas calls. I dunno how it all works, but I pay around NT800 per month, and calls to South Africa are NOT cheap.

2 Likes

Me too. Got a $99/mo unlimited LTE plan at Taiwan Star that gives me 120mbps up and 40mbps down. Not going to change unless I’m forced to.

1 Like

OK, you win the cheap contest! That is a deal.

Guy

I did cheat. I used my niece’s student ID to get it. The deal was for students. Trying to hook them young I guess.

Did you even see the title? It was a shocker…

1 Like

I have unlimited , and yeah you are right my phone was almost burning. I turned it off for an hour and reduced the amount of programs that could run at the same time.

Enjoy :wink: more to come.

1 Like

This does lead to new dimensions for the expression burner phone. :grimacing:

Guy

1 Like

I think the phone case does not help , but had the same phone and case on 4G.
It is a Sony.

1 Like