5G speeds in Taiwan

Is the MRT already optimized for 5G? This is the benchmark:

Stable 1.2 Gigabit/s Internet achieved in moving train in Switzerland

1 Like

‘under test conditions’

Tests are not real everyday conditions.

Leave it to the Belgian pie to state the obvious as usual :unamused: Thank you for the valuable input.

2 Likes

No thanks, as usual.

And Swiss trains will be really crowded too.

I read that the latency needs to be under 4ms because the mechanical processes will add about 185ms to latency. Humans are about 200~215ms reaction time, so that’s the lowest bar. Obviously AI should be even better.

3 Likes

My current contract is up and an FET salesperson cold-called with a pretty good offer. I could go with either

• Unlimited 4G for 399 per month

or

• Unlimited 5G for 599 per month

Is getting 5G worth it considering the most data-intensive thing I do on my phone is YouTube?

I currently have an iPhone X, which has a battery that is close to shot but otherwise still feels as fast as the first day I got it. Trying to decide between

• sign up for the 4G now, replace the battery on my iPhone X, and squeeze a few more years out of it.

• sign up for 4G now, trade in my phone for an iPhone 13/Pixel 6 when it comes out, and be content with 4G

• sign up for 5G now, trade in my phone for an iPhone 13/Pixel 6 when it comes out, and be blown away by my vaccine-enhanced 5G.

If you value your time and always on the phone and computer outside yes, otherwise…It won’t make much difference to you. 5G speeds up all browsing which I like.