6 mil NTD for such an old apartment?

Hello,
is this normal ?
How people can pretend to find a buyer if they sell such old and not perfectly clean house ?
https://www.century21global.com/property/大同街-beitou-dist--taipei-city-112-taiwan-C21120075616-USD-m

What do you think about ? Would you invest 6 mil NTD of your in such house ?

Come for the mess, stay for the patina. Jesus, the kitchen alone is worth a walk through. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

In my opinion, property is overvalued here. Rental yields are very low.

Thus: Buy an apartment somewhere else, rent it out, and use the rent proceeds to pay for rent here.

6 Likes

How I would love to take a wrecking ball to that place. It would give me inner peace for the rest of my life.

2 Likes

the price may be by its location mostly. It is cheaper than 100k NTD / m2, which is close to the lowest on the street. the range is ~100k to ~200k except for few exceptions.

1 Like

Lick of paint, lick of paint

2 Likes

It would probably be safer to lick paint than anything cooked in that kitchen.

4 Likes

Stuff like that makes me want to move back to teh old country.

2 Likes

It’s not even in the main part of Beitou. Property is just too expensive here.
Looks like an old couple were living there on squalor and then one of them probably died.
The kitchen is really grim but you’ve got all that Chinese incense everywhere too.

1 Like

perhaps it is the worst house on the best street ?

As long as the place is structurally sound it doesn’t matter how filthy the kitchen is, assuming the buyer is going to get a new one fitted.

That kitchen is exceptionally dirty, though. I would be concerned about possible water leakage or humidity issues. It’s a bit weird for the real estate agent to provide photos. Perhaps they are preparing viewers for the worst, or maybe parts of the apartment are even worse than that. The toilet could be a shocker.

4 Likes

So many Taiwanese waste so much space with those in-house shrines. My in-laws devote almost an entire floor to the bloody thing.

3 Likes

Just curious as to whether the all the handy knick knacks pictured come with the property? The rice cooker on the kitchen table looks a beauty.

6 Likes

I bagsy the pillows.

5 Likes

A bargain for the location. Seen worse, much more expensive. And they rent them that way.

2 Likes

Nobody buys these old places and keeps them that way. Stripping it bare takes two days for a local crew. Invest another million in renovation and you have a new apartment in an old building at a nice location for 7 mil. List it as cheap AirBNB.

2 Likes

nasty ass house. and the location is not good either.

there are nice parts of beitou, and beitou is in quite a good location as its near mountains and such but a lot of it is shitty old houses such as this. if you live here you might aswell be living in sanchong.

1 Like

Yeah Beitou is a big area, some parts are very run down and terrible old housing. 6 million may be cheap for that in Taipei but living quality is poor. The value you get…Plus you have to spend a million to do it up and you still live in a shitty old building on a shitty street.
Rent as airbnb…Maybe but it doesn’t look like a good location .

absolutely. i’ve been around there a couple of times. the xin beitou area is very nice. the rest is old crusty neighborhoods, and not nice ones either. you could go to any outskirt place. and find the same experience but for cheaper.

Some people want to live there cos it’s Taipei city and the schools, that’s why slight premium…Not really worth it in my opinion. Also it’s quite a damp place.

3 Likes