6 months presence for Marriage based ARC or APRC?

Hi…
Foreigners married to Taiwanese, holding marriage based ARC or APRC are required to show stay or presence of 6 months a year in the current context of immigrants law. I am curious if this requirement will be ever changed in the near future ? Coz I suppose many of us do find it difficult as finding a job without fluency in Chinese is not easy at all, so having to continue the work abroad becomes necessary as well.
Your knowledge shared on this matter will be of great value and much helpful.
Thanks

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thing this shouldn’t be an issue.
If you have an APRC, you can inform that you are out of the country and keep your status. You just need to update it every two years.
If you have an ARC, you can always come back under JFRV and apply for ARC once you move back. You will even get the same number.

Not correct.

APRC doesn’t expire. But you need to renew it every time your passport does. It’s a snap though.

APRC, you must reside in Taiwan 183 days per year or request an absence up to two years at a time or you could lose it.

Plum Blossom APRC holders can be absent for up to 5 years at a time, IRC.

JFRV must be renewed every 1 or 2 or 3 years. Depends on how long you paid for. IRC, your first year is only valid for one year max, then you can renew every three years. There is no requirement to reside in Taiwan in order to keep your JFRV ARC valid. Just don’t let it expire or you have to go through the hassle of the-applying.

3 Likes

I think I wasn’t clear… I meant to say that you need to update your absence status every two years, not the APRC.

2 Likes