60days VISA: difference between tourism & business purposes

Hi everyone,

What’s the difference between getting a 60 days VISA for tourism purpose or for Business purpose ? Does it mean that if I get a Business VISA I can work for a company over there ?
Let’s say I have an internship in Taiwan, do I need a business VISA ? What’s the needed VISA to be employed legally by a company ?

Thanks !

A business visa is what you use if you are coming here for business on behalf of a foreign company, not working here for a local company. To accept employment here, you need to get a work permit, a resident visa and an ARC. I’ve heard if you have a student visa and ARC, you can legally work up to 14 hours, or something like that.

This might be the case, but I was told (by a university) that first you need to be in the country studying for at least one year, and then you can only work at specifically approved places.

[quote=“planeix”]Hi everyone,

What’s the difference between getting a 60 days VISA for tourism purpose or for Business purpose ? Does it mean that if I get a Business VISA I can work for a company over there ?
Let’s say I have an internship in Taiwan, do I need a business VISA ? What’s the needed VISA to be employed legally by a company ?

Thanks ![/quote]

Business and visitor visa’s do not allow employment and they are stamped to that effect.