6500NT for this notebook. Good deal?

Here it is.

maxdata.com/product-info.asp?id=6

I think the price is right. 6500NT seems very reasonable. Am I right? I bought it already. It’s for the boy. His first computer. It’s new and it comes with 6 months warranty.

Thoughts?

Looks nice, thats bout what they cost these days, these netbooks. I bought mine in 2009 for 380 plus tax and similar (upgraded) ones now sell at Walmart for 279 plus tax.

Thing is , its not really nice to use at home a netbook. So you may want to consider buying a 19inch or bigger monitor, a separate keyboard and wireless mouse so that using it at home is a better experience. And then if you want to take it out, its easy to unplug everything.

Thats what i do, best of both worlds id say.

10inch netbooks are really not as nice as 14inch which is probably as small as one should go and still retain good usability.

Thoughts, it’s not a notebook, it’s a netbook.
That said, for that kind of money it seems like an ok deal to me as long as you’re aware of the limitations, such as the inability to play HD video, the lower screen resolution and inability to play most games and heavy Flash content.

Please verify HD capacity and battery life, two very important specs to be aware of in netbooks.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Thoughts, it’s not a notebook, it’s a netbook.
That said, for that kind of money it seems like an ok deal to me as long as you’re aware of the limitations, such as the inability to play HD video, the lower screen resolution and inability to play most games and heavy Flash content.[/quote]I don’t want the boy to use it for games too much so I made sure to buy something that has limitations. I figured something cheap would have limitations. I didn’t think/know about HD, though. I will have a look.

Good to hear I got an OK deal. I really wasn’t sure. Bought it from a guy who bought 200 of them on the cheap.

Thank you.

It’s about 2/3 of the price of what they normally cost, so yeah, not a terrible deal and I’m sure it’s a good enough first computer.

Ok, ok ok…Not the top of the line computer, but for most users in this day and age it is fine. This was for his ‘boy’ as he stated earlier, and will be great I think. More parents should be willing in this country to supply their kids with their own computer. I ask my students what they did during the weekend, the answer is always (computer, or tv). So the kid has a machine…nice, it doesn’t have to be the fastest best machine, or making any speed records on the computer charts.

Let the kid have a computer, I am sure he will remember it for ever. Heck I remember my first, it was a 386 ‘bad boy’, with a printer was 3k, that is usd, so in taiwan 100kNTD…holy crap I agree (1990). So now, a computer for under seven thousand taiwan dollars, that is a blessing! Good job for his Dad to get this for him! Just dont slack off on gifts now that he has a computer…ha ha…