67% of Taiwanese have sex without condom

Of course not.

You aren’t going to get many ‘hearts’ on here for that comment but I see that as well. I’ve noticed in a few groups I belong to that the girls in their 20’s and early 30’s for the most part are content with just having guys hang around them and take them out, generally in groups, or act like a brother to them rather than a boyfriend. It is the opposite of sexual. And many in their 30’s will get married out of a sense of duty, and you often hear “it’s time to get married” or “my family wants me to get married” A lot in the group are married just because it was the thing to do at their age. Quite a few are also single into their 40’s with very little relationship experience and living at home.

I have a friend where he and his girlfriend got along well but of course his parents who are rich didn’t like her since she was not of the same class as them. As well as that she wasn’t willing to move to their hometown after marriage, quit her good job, and pump out kids for the mother in law while living together in one house. They were dating for years until his mom told him to get serious and set him up in a loveless relationship with a family friend that had a daughter that was willing to do all that for the $$

3 Likes

Very common and this is where the cultural gap with the West is really big. Dating is dating and marriage is marriage. Marriage involves money. And when money comes into the equation people really spark to life here. :neutral_face: .

Taiwan society is unusual, very high number of single people who don’t have much local dating experience . Some seem to go overseas every year to do overseas study or holidays and maybe get banged on the side to service their needs . I think a lot of people in their 30s and 40s are probably not getting a whole lot of satisfaction. People don’t tend to share their relationship stuff here…They don’t mention it at work etc. I mention some family, relationship stuff sometimes and they don’t seem to be able to reciprocate very well. Ask a lot of questions, but poor at sharing what’s going on ‘in there’. Maybe I’m not in the right crew to know what is going on.:sunglasses: I work with single ladies but they never share anything about their relationships. About parents or family yes a little but not relationships . It could be just that Im a guy and they are afraid of getting judged. Which is a pity.

Anyway there’s still plenty of (semi) happily married people …Folks in relationships… getting it on on dating sites. I don’t want to paint a biased picture.

3 Likes

they think every question is a big scam and not a question.

2 Likes

I would agree with this, or more don’t ask then no need. Even in hotel with free ones was not asked. And Taiwanese when they travel away from home seem more interested. (There was a hotel I stored my luggage for a day, and in the room was huge box like 1m tall full of condoms, so some people use it)

I have only had that once and it freaked me out. Creepy. She was pretty good looking and said I was her “soul mate for eternity”. Luckily I kept it zipped up, never touched her and blocked her every way possible. She eventually moved on .
If she was a guy i could have dealt with it physically but who would have believed me over her if she had made false claims. She was fragile looking and I look more like Hannibal Lecter. Maybe an experienced judge would have believed me but not a jury.

3 Likes

Generally , but there are a lot of fetishes here such as for large ladies. I know some guys here that like very large ladies for sexual relationships, but whose girlfriends have the teenage girl look. I think I know why this is (cultural and evolutionary reasons).
In fact if you go to the National Palace museum they have one section with paintings showing the desired body shapes for Han dynasty women and Tang dynasty. Han being super thin and Tang almost obese.

1 Like

I have to call serious bull shit on that statement. Although I could apply to myself these days so maybe times have changed. :grandpa: however there was a time…

1 Like

Taiwanese E cup?
I think you have been watching to much Japanese big breast videos.

I think that’s just D. I was told bra sizes are much smaller here.

yup asian size definitions are not the same as western.

I got me a polo shirt made in indonesia when there and when i brought it home i put it on and it was NOT an XL as labelled. It was actually a western M. After I got it on i had a devil of a time getting the OFF. I almost resorted to using scissors to cut it off.

So it wouldn’t surprise me that an E is a western less large size.

Thanks for letting us know about the bra size issue Tommy.

8 Likes

Lol I’m basing this observation on polo shirt sizes .
If they are exaggerating polo shirt sizes bra sizes should be suspect as well

Course that’s like saying
If the mango ice cream is no good then the vanilla ice creaM is probably no good too

1 Like

they would tell you otherwise though. i’ve heard many a time ‘i am a conservative taiwanese, not open like your western women!!’ :rofl:

2 Likes

Idk if this is anyone else’s experience. Taiwanese women don’t put up as much resistance to sex if you escalate. I don’t think there is as much “slut shamming” in Taiwanese culture. Western women try to make you work for it and have rules on how many dates or whatever. Sex doesn’t seem to be a huge deal in Taiwan.

3 Likes

Book is called Finders Keepers y’all.

are you sure about that? women who like western guys are called western food girls, teased about liking big sausages and thought of as dirty sluts by a lot of people.

2 Likes

This could be the case if you date western men. I guess maybe it’s not like that for me.

1 Like

for sure, there’s a big stereotype that western guys just walk outside their house with their big sausages and proceed to have sex with girls. so girls feel like they need to show how they are not sluts like the other xi can meis and ‘open’ western girls.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can see this. I think this is a thing in a lot of places for white men. They think they’re sexpats.

I have a friend who travels to South America and Eastern Europe often, he says the women put up far less barriers for him as an asian/korean guy compared to his white friends.