7-11 Beer Festival is back!

Sam Adams
Kona
Guinness
Boddingtons
Lots of weird Kirin

Maybe a few others that I missed.

Buy 3 at 78% of the price (or something like that)

Now, why can’t they just keep them all year?

I’m enjoying a nice Asahi with just a little more alcohol and the rich taste of barley.

[quote=“Mugatu”]Sam Adams
Kona
Guinness
Boddingtons
Lots of weird Kirin

Maybe a few others that I missed.

Buy 3 at 78% of the price (or something like that)

Now, why can’t they just keep them all year?[/quote]
Because they’re evil spiteful bastards that’s why. Ruining a perfectly good thing.

Oh fuck and here I am in China with a choice of Snow or Ginsber if I am lucky. This better last till I get back. :fume:

There’s a beer called, “Snow?” Kind of a virginal image for a beer brand.

Last time the Kona Blue came out, I no shit ran around to about 12 7-11’s around Min Sheng Fu Xing and took every last bottle it was that good and they seemed to be discontinuing it. I also ordered a case that one 7-11 batty boy told me he could order for me - after 6 weeks I gave up pinging him. You better get back fast!

It’s always capitalized so it can also be read MONS. :laughing:

Truly a beer for the fellows I would say.

hey now,don’t knock Snow, it’s the high class stuff in backwoods Sichuan - at least it’s not Blue Sword Light…

Last time the Kona Blue came out, I no shit ran around to about 12 7-11’s around Minsheng Fuxing and took every last bottle it was that good and they seemed to be discontinuing it. I also ordered a case that one 7-11 batty boy told me he could order for me - after 6 weeks I gave up pinging him. You better get back fast![/quote]

You know the 7-Eleven ratio to person in taiwan is only surpassed by the temple to person ration? You just gotta know some of these little backwaters to visit after the season is over. Last year I found Kona well into the fall in remotest Miaoli County.

hey now,don’t knock Snow, it’s the high class stuff in backwoods Sichuan - at least it’s not Blue Sword Light…[/quote]

True enough and tonight my waiter gave me the choice of Snow Dry and Snow Draft. My cup runneth over.

Last time the Kona Blue came out, I no shit ran around to about 12 7-11’s around Minsheng Fuxing and took every last bottle it was that good and they seemed to be discontinuing it. I also ordered a case that one 7-11 batty boy told me he could order for me - after 6 weeks I gave up pinging him. You better get back fast![/quote]

You know the 7-Eleven ratio to person in taiwan is only surpassed by the temple to person ration? You just gotta know some of these little backwaters to visit after the season is over. Last year I found Kona well into the fall in remotest Miaoli County.[/quote]
You could’ve tripled your money with a single PM, but who knew? Coincidentally I only recently discovered that Taiwan has the highest per capita temple to person ratio in the world - well in countries that can count anyway - was that bit of insight in LP your doing?

You know the 7-Eleven ratio to person in taiwan is only surpassed by the temple to person ration? You just gotta know some of these little backwaters to visit after the season is over. Last year I found Kona well into the fall in remotest Miaoli County.[/quote]
You could’ve tripled your money with a single PM, but who knew? Coincidentally I only recently discovered that Taiwan has the highest per capita temple to person ratio in the world - well in countries that can count anyway - was that bit of insight in LP your doing?[/quote]

I think I supplied the raw data and my co-athor did the math. :laughing:

But we were both wrong: it should be the lowest ratio. Highest would be oh I don’t know, China, with about 1 per 100,000,000.

But actually I need to go back and recheck those stats as we might have been talking about convenience stores and gotten our places of worship mixed up.

On topic, yes, you can often find those specialty beers in remote 7-Elevens weeks and sometimes months after the festival is over.

[quote=“Mucha Man”][quote=“TwoTongues”]
You could’ve tripled your money with a single PM, but who knew? Coincidentally I only recently discovered that Taiwan has the highest per capita temple to person ratio in the world - well in countries that can count anyway - was that bit of insight in LP your doing?[/quote]

I think I supplied the raw data and my co-athor did the math. :laughing:

But we were both wrong: it should be the lowest ratio. Highest would be oh I don’t know, China, with about 1 per 100,000,000.

But actually I need to go back and recheck those stats as we might have been talking about convenience stores and gotten our places of worship mixed up.
[/quote]
Whats with all this mathemaretical jibber jabber at 10:30PM, and in a beer related thread no less!!!

Well, you’ll both be happy to know that today’s China Post ran a story detailing how Thailand is now home to more 7-Elevens than Taiwan. They probably take the temple title, as well! :laughing:

They got confused with the Thailand/Taiwan thing .

Not according to the article: Thailand is now third, behind Japan (first, 12,000 stores) and the US (second, 6,000 stores). They say that Thailand reached 5,500 outlets this year, outpacing Taiwan’s 4,000 stores, and expect the country to surpass the US to take second next year, reaching 7,000 by 2012.

Not according to the article: Thailand is now third, behind Japan (first, 12,000 stores) and the US (second, 6,000 stores). They say that Thailand reached 5,500 outlets this year, outpacing Taiwan’s 4,000 stores, and expect the country to surpass the US to take second next year, reaching 7,000 by 2012.[/quote]
Taiwan still wins the stores per capita title though…

Not according to the article: Thailand is now third, behind Japan (first, 12,000 stores) and the US (second, 6,000 stores). They say that Thailand reached 5,500 outlets this year, outpacing Taiwan’s 4,000 stores, and expect the country to surpass the US to take second next year, reaching 7,000 by 2012.[/quote]
Taiwan still wins the stores per capita title though…[/quote]

Exactly. Who cares about the exact numbers? It’s the ratio that is noteworthy.

Sure, fair enough. Still newsworthy, though; at least to our good friends who do content for page 19 of the Post. :laughing:

Yes, but in how many of those countries can you buy a cold beer and sit outside the 7-11 and drink to your heart’s content? Even when the cops come by to sign the 7-11 register? :beer: