7-11 Food - What's Good

I’m not a big fan of fast food or meals bought at convenience stores, but I was quite hungry the other day and a friend suggested I try one of the new “big bite” burgers at 7-11. I have to admit, it wasn’t too bad. I tried the spicy chicken burger. It’s not something I’d try everyday, but it was a lot better than having three cups of coffee swooshing about in my gut.

The only other thing I’ve tried recently at 7-11 was a salad with bamboo shoots in it. It was okay, too, especially as the shoots were not slathered in mayo.

I’ve tried

[quote=“MiakaW”]I’ve tried

Hakkasonic, yes, actual chucks of tuna mixed with mayo and some pepper, wrapped in a triangle seeweed and rice! They have shredded pork, spicy bbq meat in some of them as well. Should be located with the lunch boxes.

The cold noodles are usually a pretty good snack.

Brian

Yep, the rice triangles with shredded pork or tuna or…whatever that gooey meat stuff is, are good for a quick snack. The boiled fish balls next to the tea eggs aren’t bad, and for 15 NT each a good deal. The orange rectangle fish sticks are the ones I usually go for.

Tried the tuna triangle. Not bad in an emergency and none of that floss in it. The boiled fish balls looked scary, though.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]a friend suggested I try one of the new “big bite” burgers at 7-11. I have to admit, it wasn’t too bad…
The only other thing I’ve tried recently at 7-11 was a salad with bamboo shoots in it. It was okay, too, especially as the shoots were not slathered in mayo.[/quote]

You were lucky with that burger. The one I tried was small, the roll was rock hard and the burger was dry.

I like those salads with the bamboo shoots in as well. The whole idea of having salads in 7-11 is a good one. At the moment I’m quite busy/lazy so get lunch in 7-11 around 4 days a week. If I get salads it means at least I’m putting something vaguely healthy into my body.

There’s one curiously named offering called ‘Pennine Salad’. When I first read that I was expecting some traditional Northern English rib-sticking fare from the bleak hilly land of the wars of the roses. I was rather disappointed to realise that it was something to do with the type of pasta called ‘penne’.

My friend had the hamburger and it looked okay, too.

I thought the best-named item was “rice bugger” (mentioned in another post).

oh, the New Zealand cheese hot dogs are a true culinary treat. there is just enough of a dose of sodium to make you want another and then a vanilla coke (which far outpaces regular coke)

Believe it or not there are a few 7-11s where you can still get - whoo-hoo! - slushies.

Best Sandwich - Fried Chicken Burger(only 38NT for a limited time, i think the original price is like 78, which is just as expensive as a real chicken burger from BK or KFC)

Best Ice Cream - Yellow Label Morinaga ‘Waffle Ice Cream’ [find it in the upright freezer with the ice cubes and dumplings]

expensive at 48Nt but well worth it. A large waffle filled with vanilla ice cream and a slab of caramel in the middle

-chris

I know it’s not food, but they got Pall Malls now. They have filters, but you can break those off. I had to get a pack for old times sake.

Where are they mod lang? The last one I saw in Taipei was two years ago. The staff at several 7-11s said they moved the equipment down to southern Taiwan because it was hotter there. Why not just buy more equipment?

When you eat the “rice triangles” that are sold at the 7-11’s, are you supposed to eat the dried seaweed? The seaweed is inside the plastic wrap, so after I open it up, then I have to tear open the plastic wrap to take the dried seaweed out, and then I wrap the dried seaweed around the rice triangle when I eat it. But it’s so much trouble that I keep wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

You are doing something wrong! Follow the numbers and it’s as easy as 1…2…3.

Yes look carefully on the wrapper … there are numbers thats labeled 1,2,3 and full on the tabs accordingly. Don’t worry … I didn’t realize that at first either!

OH btw the rice triangles are called “rice balls”
Don’t ask … a japanese person told me that and i’ve excepted it :slight_smile:

One: You pull down (not your pants) the red string
Two: Pull both side of the plastic wrappers (both right and left)
Three: Eat your yummy Rice Balls (Rice Triangles)
Four: Throw away the wrapper, like a good citizen
Five: Write a complain letter to them…
Six: Waiting to receive 100,000 rice balls as your compensation.

7-11 used to have these really good lunch boxes, one with Japanese style fried chicken cutlets, and one with spicy fried chicken leg. Haven’t been able to find those for some time now though. :frowning:

eat the seaweed wrapper. it is for consumption. i had the same qualms the first time i came across a similar treat in HI.