7-11 iCash card- what do i do with it?

Can someone explain what the concept of 7-11’s iCash card is?

I’m guessing it’s a giftcard that allows me to

1. buy stuff at 7-11s
  2. ride the MRT/bus

Anything else? Am I saving up points of some sort every time I use it?

1. Yes. Can buy more discount items.
  2. No. Yoyo card dose.

Do anything (almost I think) on iBon - buy books, buy tickets, book hotels, pay bills, make telephone calls…

As far as I know.

[quote=“golf”]1) Yes. Can buy more discount items.
2) No. Yoyo card dose.[/quote]
Isn’t there also a 7-11 iCash branded Yoyo card? If I recall, that’s what my partner has.

Yeah, there’s a new, single combined card now. Icash on one side, yoyo on the other. Very convenient. If you have an old icash card and old yoyo card you can trade them in for free for a new single card at 7/11.

actually any yoyo card can be used to purchase things at convenience stores now. I don’t know if you miss out on deals from icash, but I never payed attention to those since they didn’t seem like a big deal.

the wife just told me that the combined yoyo/i-cash doesn’t let you accumulate points and therefore get the free rubbish gifts they hand out

Weird, I thought they were phasing the single card out and that’s why they let you hand them in for free.

Actually, come to think of it, I think they kept my old MRT card, but gave me back the old yoyo card. I guess they just transferred all the money from it onto the new dual card.

After reading this thread this morning, I went to the 7-11 to trade my two cards for one. The 7-11 staff looked at me like it was a bad idea, and told me:

1. You pay a $100 deposit on your travel (“yo-yo”) card which is refundable. When you trade it in for the 7-11 combined card, you lose that $100 (the 7-11 card can’t be returned for the deposit)
  2. You can’t get points on the new 7-11 card.
  3. You can trade your “Yoyo” card for the new card, but not your 7-11 card.

I asked them, why are people trading them in, then? Reply: Because they are cuter.

[quote=“asiababy”]After reading this thread this morning, I went to the 7-11 to trade my two cards for one. The 7-11 staff looked at me like it was a bad idea, and told me:

1. You pay a $100 deposit on your travel (“yo-yo”) card which is refundable. When you trade it in for the 7-11 combined card, you lose that $100 (the 7-11 card can’t be returned for the deposit)
  2. You can’t get points on the new 7-11 card.
  3. You can trade your “Yoyo” card for the new card, but not your 7-11 card.

I asked them, why are people trading them in, then? Reply: Because they are cuter.[/quote]
Oh yeah a 100 NTD for cuteness is so worth it!!! :laughing: I thought of the same thing on reading this thread, did my math and said I am not losing a 100 NTD for carrying 2 cards instead of 1 for 6 more weeks!! Yeps the cheapo in me.

:doh: I wish they’d told ME all that,

cuz it’s cuter?!?!?!

Family Mart started selling some Snoopy themed easy cards recently and the wife wanted one. She went to ask and they are like 650NT. hahah…no.