7-11 Imported Beers!

[quote=“Josefus”]Hey, you guys missed the most important part!
Buy 3 beers, get 21% off!
Stock up![/quote]
No Doubt! 3 of a kind, or combo. Sometimes gotta politely inform the cashiers, thou.
3 stout for under 200 NT.
Fine value indeed.
Good till 08/15. :beer:

I officially can’t fit any more beer in my fridge.
I guess it’s time to drink some.

Thankfully, the other 7-11 in Zhuwei, closer to the station, does carry the Guinness and Murphy’s :slight_smile: I was looking at new, larger refrigerators the other day at Carrefour, and after my beer-buying spree this evening (only six cans, mind you, plus two of Taiwan Beer, which does not get the discount, WTF?), I have decided that I will definitely be getting a larger one.

Anyone need to buy a fridge?

And how long will this 7-11 sale last, anyone know?

sale lasts till 8/15 i believe.

you didn’t get the discount on the 2 beers because in order to get it, you need to buy three. you bought 8 in total, so 1 short.

Sorry, I was in a Guinness haze when writing the post. The original basket was a total of six beers, two of them being Taiwan Beer. But the clerk said the sale did not include Taiwan Beer, so I grabbed two more cans of other beer, ending up with a total of eight cans. Got the sale price for six of them, paid a total of $367 for eight cans, so I’m way happy, average of $45 per can.

Next question: if you buy Guinness or Murphy’s that is already cold, but then you allow it to get warm in a cupboard because your fridge is too full, will that ruin the taste? I seem to recall that some beer just has to be kept cold or it goes off.

[quote=“500CBFan”]Next question: if you buy Guinness or Murphy’s that is already cold, but then you allow it to get warm in a cupboard because your fridge is too full, will that ruin the taste? I seem to recall that some beer just has to be kept cold or it goes off.[/quote]I think it should be fine. Canned beer isn’t real beer, after all! :wink:

Bottled beer should obviously be kept cold, and with certain kinds such as Taiwan draft you’re supposed to drink it within a few days.

But canned beer lasts a lot longer. The only thing is that for the widget to work properly, the beer should probably be cold.

How cold can the 7-11 pool be? All it takes is a little corridor,in one’s own fridge, past the Mayo and The Pickles…
:sunglasses:

I just had my first Foster’s.
Hopefully it will also be my last.

murphy’s running hot and cold …

two local sevies sold out of it, and one can’t move any of it (all within a half km stretch). at least i found the one with boxes of it left over :beer:

Oh my buddha!!

There’s chocolate in Murphy’s!!!

My friend told me that in Belgium, they normally serve Hoegaarden with a twist of lemon (like Corona).

I wanted more of a lemon kick so I squeezed a fair bit of lemon into a poured Hoegaarden, and it was very nice actually. Refreshing.

Then, last night, I wanted to go one step further. I whizzed up a couple of kiwis and put the juice in with an Erdinger. Very nice actually, though just one kiwi would probably have been enough.

This might sound wierd but there is actually some precedent – the Germans and Belgians are into their fruit-flavoured beers I believe.

Is Hoegaarden wheat beer?
If so, it is very typical for a refreshing summer beverage to serve Wheat bier with lemon…Quite tasty!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Is Hoegaarden wheat beer?[/quote]Yes.[quote=“TainanCowboy”]If so, it is very typical for a refreshing summer beverage to serve Wheat bier with lemon…Quite tasty![/quote]Yes, I only heard of this recently and I’m a convert. But why stop there? My kiwi juice experiment turned out quite well, and there must be other fruit juices that go well with wheat beer. The Belgians make all kinds of differently-flavoured beers.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]Oh my buddha!!

There’s chocolate in Murphy’s!!![/quote]

Two of the four major food groups in one can!

The other two are, of course, tequila and pizza.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]There’s chocolate in Murphy’s!!![/quote]In your eagerness to open the can ( :wink: ) you omitted to read the next word: “malt”. Chocolate malt is a type of malt AFAIK, and not a type of chocolate.
ebrew.com/malts_specialty/ch … nglish.htm

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“Lo Bo To”]There’s chocolate in Murphy’s!!![/quote]In your eagerness to open the can ( :wink: ) you omitted to read the next word: “malt”. Chocolate malt is a type of malt AFAIK, and not a type of chocolate.
ebrew.com/malts_specialty/ch … nglish.htm[/quote]

That’s right, JS. The malt has simply been roasted to a chocolate-like color and it mimics the taste of bitter chocolate, and coffee, and anise…etc…

However, this one actually does have chocolate in it:

While this one doesn’t have chocolate in it:

Both are wonderful brews, IMO.

Got my fridge packed with 24 Hoegaardens and 3 limes.
What else does a man want to be happy :notworthy:

PS, does anyone saw the Hoegaarden bettr priced than 65 -21%? If not, I need to by another fride before 15/08!! :noway:

They are 49 or 59 at RT Mart.
They go on sale, off sale, on sale, off sale…

They are 49 or 59 at RT Mart.
They go on sale, off sale, on sale, off sale…[/quote]

Damn, than i always go on the wrong moment :noway:
Thanks for the tip. (hope the limes are cheaper also hehe)

I had gotten pretty complacent since I had a big stock of Murphy’s, went on vacation for a while, etc. I tapped my stock last night, so I went to the nearest 7-11 to replenish. Plenty of Hoegaarden’s and Erdinger’s and fruity Japanese shit, but no Murphy’s. So I went out on a mission, scouring all of the 7-11’s in town and buying whatever Guinness, Murphy’s or Boddington’s I could find, which weren’t many.

You had better hurry up and snatch what’s left while you can.