7 words

I’ll post seven words below. See how many you can use in a single sentence. The person who uses all of them in one sentence correctly earns the right to post the next seven English words. If nobody gets it right to do it within a 24-hour period, the person who used the most words has the right to post the next seven words.

1. acquisitive
  2. deign
  3. contumely
  4. precocity
  5. slake
  6. stolid
  7. ennui

In order to slake his acquisitive nature for witnessing the precocity of preschoolers, he deigned a stolid sense of ennui and contumely mocked psycholinguistists while furtively observing their research with young children.

What do I win?
:smiley:

By the way, that was too easy. I did that sentence in less than five minutes without any editing.

1. idiosyncrasy
  2. matronly
  3. ascertain
  4. nepotism
  5. iconoclasm
  6. onomatopoeia
  7. ubiquitous

I won’t let it be lost that my 7 words spell out “ImaniOU”…

[quote=“ImaniOU”]In order to slake his acquisitive nature for witnessing the precocity of preschoolers, he deigned a stolid sense of ennui and contumely mocked psycholinguistists while furtively observing their research with young children.

What do I win?

By the way, that was too easy. I did that sentence in less than five minutes without any editing.[/quote]

What a beautifully constucted sentence! You basically win the right to come up with you own list of seven words.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]1. idiosyncrasy
2. matronly
3. ascertain
4. nepotism
5. iconoclasm
6. onomatopoeia
7. ubiquitous[/quote]We were able to ascertain his nepotism thanks to the idiosyncrasy in the ubiquititous matronly incident, which caused quite a iconoclasm. Then an onomatopoeia flew past.

2. matronly
3. ascertain
4. nepotism
5. iconoclasm
6. onomatopoeia
7. ubiquitous

:smiley:[/quote]

BFM’s one is rubbish. Let me try…
ahem

“Idiosyncrasy”, “matronly”, “ascertain”, “nepotism”, “iconoclasm”, “onomatopoeia” and “ubiquitous” are all words.

Remind me not to play Scrabble with you guys…

I have to ask, AAF, did you choose your words randomly or did you choose them so that they could go together? I think mine are too random to go into one sentence. I’ll be kind and give you all the option of making it two sentences, but they have to be connected in meaning.

Also, with an improvement, I’d change my sentence to

“In order to slake his acquisitive nature for capturing the precocity of preschoolers on film, he deigned a stolid sense of ennui and contumely derided psycholinguists while furtively recording their research with young children.”

Thank godness for all my scooling!

I just randomly picked them out of a vocabulary book.

2. matronly
3. ascertain
4. nepotism
5. iconoclasm
6. onomatopoeia
7. ubiquitous

:smiley:[/quote]

The ubiquitous sense of nepotism men feel when staring at a matronly breast is indeed an idiosyncrasy, the cause, it seems, is difficult to ascertain. Many suggest iconoclasm as a good way to shake off said feelings, and the onomatopoeic ‘boing’ one hears when smashing a particularly large relic is certainly enough to temporarily shake off the ‘matronly bosom’ image!

Does this work?

In order to ascertain whether any iconoclasm has occurred one would need to take a somewhat matronly view (whilst avoiding any nepotism); the idiosyncrasy of course being that one must never invoke the ubiquitous onomatopoeia.

Or even

The words “not guilty” often leave one with a sense of onomatopoeia in as much as they have come to represent the very corruption that should by now be obsolete; of course ascertaining whether wrong doing has taken place requires the matronly figure of government to exercise its right to iconoclasm in the interests of ubiquitous justice; thus of course invoking the idiosyncrasy of government in fact being responsible for most acts of nepotism.

It’s hard to decide, but I’m going to have to go with Tom Hill’s entry…

Just because he used the word “boing”.

:laughing:

Imaniou, no fair. I know he is the man of the moment but he used 2 sentences whereas I came up with 2 individual sentences both of which used all the words…

Quoth the raven: Deal with it pal.

Here are the next 7…

1. Luciferous
  2. Hinduism
  3. agitprop
  4. prurient
  5. grandiloquent
  6. rambunctious
  7. triage

According to agitprop; whilst in triage the grandiloquent, luciferous cheat otherwise known as Tomas Hillingsworth awoke, and became immediately rambunctious; using prurient language alluding to Hinduism amongst other things to confer his displeasure!

Well done, you win. And whilst that was going on you also got awarded third place in a ‘David Schwimmer lookalike contest.’ And you were scared of entering…!

That does it I’m not playing your games any more, either yours or Jerry “Imaniou” Springer’s, Imean really David Schwimmer? :help: