72 year old McCain is too old for this demanding job

Did you ever see a fortune 500 company appoint a 72 year old CEO and try to sell him to their shareholders because he’s so experienced? Don’t you think running the USA would require even more energy? McCain is 72. Picking Palin demonstrates senility. Though he has cleverly locked down Alaska’s 3 electoral votes. :roflmao: The fun part is watching all the Republicans crying about how its not politically correct to bring up age.

5-1/2 years in on the war in Iraq, and McCain’s big claim to fame is that he knows defense issues inside and out… and he has no clue who the shi’ites and sunnis are. That’s like claiming to be a Civil War buff and telling people how at Appomattox Court House, Santa Anna gave his sword to General Halftrack.

“I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live.” - Sen. John McCain.

Well at least he won’t be hating on gooks much longer

The actuaries say a 72 year old cancer survivor like John McSame, has about a 50% chance of surviving the next 4 years.

And?

50% Rambo Barbie for President

And?[/quote]
And I wish he’d hurry up about it.

Are you from a Red State or something? Do we have to spell it out for you? If McSame gets elected, and dies in office (50% chance), Palin would be president. And Palin is in no way qualified to lead the free world. You’d have to be insane to put Miss Congeniality up against Putin, Hu, etc. etc. Be serious. Anyway, unlikely McSame will win the electoral vote.

Toe,
Would you like to see an age limit? If so, what, 70?

I’m from a very blue state, and a very blue city and county. The Dems have just about destroyed Pittsburgh, and Pennsylvania is a joke, as far as government goes.

Can you spell? Haha… just joking :wink: Well, actually, I’m not joking… see my [color=#4000BF]question below[/color].

I know you call him McSame because his policies are expected to be very similar to Bush’e policies. But, why do you not call Obamessiah “Obamasame”? After all, Obama’s policies are virtually identical to Kerry’s policies.

She’s more qualified than Obamessiah. I mean, she’s been an executive… Obamessiah has been nothing but a “community organizer”… how do you figure that he is more prepared than a state governor? Bill Clinton was just a governor from backward Arkansas when he was elected…

You’re just repeating the party line. How is she unprepared? [color=#800080]What qualities and experience does she lack that Obamessiah possesses?[/color]

Dunno about that? Anyway, that’s why we actually vote… I don’t want to take the MSM’s word as to which candidate is better prepared and more popular.

She’s more qualified than Obamessiah. I mean, she’s been an executive… Obamessiah has been nothing but a “community organizer”… how do you figure that he is more prepared than a state governor? Bill Clinton was just a governor from backward Arkansas when he was elected…[/quote]
Obama is a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee:

[quote]Message from the Chairman:

Thank you for visiting the Senate Foreign Relations Committee

website. Our committee is one of the oldest in the Senate, dating back
to the initial creation of permanent Senate committees in 1816. It
plays a vital role in shaping U.S. policy around the world. The
committee has oversight over the foreign policy agencies of the U.S.
government, including the State Department, the U.S. Agency for
International Development, the Millennium Challenge Corporation,
and the Peace Corps. The Committee reviews and considers all
diplomatic nominations and international treaties, as well as legislation
relating to U.S. foreign policy. . .

[/quote]
Committee Membership

Too bad he hasn’t done squat in that committee.

Obamessiah heads the Senate Foreign Relations Committee’s Subcommittee on European Affairs, which has convened NO policy hearings since he took over as its chairman last January. In the Senate, the foreign relations subcommittees have almost no direct legislative responsibilities, but they do frequently provide opportunity, to those who attend, to obtain information results of substantive research done by the committee for the rest of the Senate.

Obamessiah has also failed to hold a single hearing on his defense subcommittee overseeing Afghanistan.

So whoopdeedoo. Ya gotta be more than just a “member”, spook… you gots to participate… and in Obamessiah’s case, lead… but, he’s failed to do either!

Too bad he hasn’t done squat in that committee.

Obamessiah heads the Senate Foreign Relations Committee’s Subcommittee on European Affairs, which has convened NO policy hearings since he took over as its chairman last January. In the Senate, the foreign relations subcommittees have almost no direct legislative responsibilities, but they do frequently provide opportunity, to those who attend, to obtain information results of substantive research done by the committee for the rest of the Senate.

Obamessiah has also failed to hold a single hearing on his defense subcommittee overseeing Afghanistan.

So whoopdeedoo. Ya gotta be more than just a “member”, spook… you gots to participate… and in Obamessiah’s case, lead… but, he’s failed to do either![/quote]

Presumably though, you see that it’s not accurate to claim that he’s been “nothing but a community organizer.”

I don’t think an age limit is the answer. But what exactly is experience? Should we put an 80 or 90 or 100 year old into office because they have more experience? Please be reasonable, and please stick to my original topic.

Anyway, in this election, we have a choice between a 72 year old and a 47 year old. Its just beyond my imagination that a 72 year old has the vigor for what is surely one of the more demanding jobs on the planet. I mean, look at how Bush, Carter, etc. aged, look at some before and after pictures.

And what good is McSame’s so-called experience when there’s a 50% chance he won’t even live through the term? Or his health will be impaired. And then we’ll have a cheerleader in charge. Ridiculous.

I’m very comfortable with Obama’s experience just by watching him campaign. He’s a class act, none of the desperate lying and mudslinging that seems to comprise the bulk of McSame’s experience. And, now that whatever they put in the water coolers at the RNC is wearing off, Obama will just flat out-campaign the tired old relic. As for Palin, you say she’s so experienced (these are the same people that say Mission Accomplished) but she can’t even take up the slack for the old man because she’s afraid to do an interview, WTF kind of leadership or experience is that?

I think Obama’s chances of making it through his first term are about the same as McCain’s. And Biden is no spring chicken either.

If you think a 47 year old has less life expectancy than a 72 year old, please don’t apply for that actuary job.

OK look, would you rather have a 72 year old president and a 44 year old VP,
Or a 47 year old president and a 75 year old VP (with 45 years experience in congress BTW).
Very obvious that it adds up to Obama-Biden. And they’ll have control of congress to boot!

[quote=“Toe Tag”]If you think a 47 year old has less life expectancy than a 72 year old, please don’t apply for that actuary job.

OK look, would you rather have a 72 year old president and a 44 year old VP,
Or a 47 year old president and a 75 year old VP (with 45 years experience in congress BTW).
Very obvious that it adds up to Obama-Biden. And they’ll have control of congress to boot![/quote]
You didn’t see that “Shoot me! I’m black!” sign taped to his back?

Nope. Its the only job in which he actually participated.

Being on committees that you don’t attend and chairing committees that you don’t lead counts for… [color=#FF0000]NOTHING[/color].

[quote=“Toe Tag”]
I’m very comfortable with Obama’s experience just by watching him campaign. He’s a class act, none of the desperate lying and mudslinging that seems to comprise the bulk of McSame’s experience. And, now that whatever they put in the water coolers at the RNC is wearing off, Obama will just flat out-campaign the tired old relic.[/quote]

Yeah, okay. So Obama is a good orator and presents himself well on TV, don’t confuse that with experience. Like CSB, he may be a lot better at campaigning than running a country. So what if Obama gives good speeches? A number of unsavory figures in history(ohhhhh… like Hitler and Mussolini, are good orator too.) The whole thing about McCaine being too old can also be said of Obama’s lack of experience. He’s only a junior senator with scant experience. Would a fortune 500 company appoint someone only 3 years removed from college their CEO? I think not.

1. John McCain goes to Washington. Things have changed in the last 26 years, but McCain hasn’t. He admits he still doesn’t know how to use a computer, can’t send an e-mail. Still doesn’t understand the economy. And favors 200 billion in new tax cuts for corporations, but almost nothing for the middle class. After one president who was out of touch, we just can’t afford more of the same.

Nice way to smear a true war hero.

Why doesn’t McCain send e-mail?

[quote=“Jonah Goldberg”]The reason he doesn’t send email is that he can’t use a keyboard because of the relentless beatings he received from the Viet Cong in service to our country. From the Boston Globe (March 4, 2000):

[/quote]