šŸ˜· COVID - 8 nights booking Hotel

4 nights 2
Does this rule apply to persons who do own their own residences?

In my case, I had plans to book for 4 nights quarantine hotel room and then move to a cheaper hotel room. But I guess I cannot apply to book 4 nights because I dont own my own residence to do the ā€œ1 person per residenceā€ rule. IĀ“m forced to book 8 quarantine hotel nights. Correct?

The regulations are a puzzle to figure out, but yes, my take on it is you must spend all eight nights in the same place. A couple of weeks ago I was trying to book a quarantine hotel and the only options were for eight nights anyway.

From CDC:

in principle, the arrival should undergo the three-day quarantine and four-day self-initiated epidemic prevention in the same location

A different version quoted on Taiwan News, with a key difference in phrasing highlighted (never mind that to me ā€œin principleā€ and ā€œmustā€ are contradictory):

Q: What locations can be used for quarantine?

A: The quarantine location must either be an epidemic prevention hotel or a residence that can meet the one person per household requirement. In principle, the arriving passenger must spend both the three days of quarantine and four days of self-health monitoring in the same location.

Q: Can the quarantine and self-health monitoring periods be spent in different locations?

A: Yes, if the local government where the quarantine location is situated approves of the change. If the self-health monitoring is to be spent at oneā€™s own home or the residence of relatives or friends, the residence must be capable of following the one person per household rule.

Thereā€™s room for flexibility with ā€œif the local government ā€¦ approves of the changeā€, but Iā€™d have absolutely no idea how to get approval from local government.

I thought so. I dont have my own place to do the self isolation. Therefore, I cannot be allowed to book 4 nights in a quarantine hotel room and the rest in cheaper regular hotel room.