9/11 Mastermind Confesses in Guantanamo

Something for the 911 conspiracy folks to factor in.

[quote]9/11 Mastermind Confesses in Guantanamo
WASHINGTON (AP) - Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the suspected mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, confessed to that attack and a chilling string of other terror plots during a military hearing at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, according to a transcript released Wednesday by the Pentagon.

“I was responsible for the 9/11 operation from A to Z,” Mohammed said in a statement read during the session, which was held last Saturday.

The transcripts also refer to a claim by Mohammed that he was tortured by the CIA, although he said he was not under duress at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo when he confessed to his role in the attacks.

In a section of the statement that was blacked out, he confessed to the beheading of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, The Associated Press has learned. Pearl was abducted in January 2002 in Pakistan while researching a story on Islamic militancy. Mohammed has long been a suspect in the killing.

Using his own words, the extraordinary transcript connects Mohammed to dozens of the worst terror plots attempted or carried out in the last 15 years—and to others that have not occurred. All told, thousands have died in operations he directed.

His words draw al-Qaida closer to plots of the early 1990s than the group has previously been connected to, including the 1993 World Trade Center truck bombing. Six people with links to global terror networks were convicted in federal court and sentenced to life in prison.

It also makes clear that al-Qaida wanted to down a second trans- Atlantic aircraft during would-be shoe bomber Richard Reid’s operation.

Mohammed said he was involved in planning the 2002 bombing of a Kenya beach resort frequented by Israelis and the failed missile attack on an Israeli passenger jet after it took off from Mombasa, Kenya. He also said he was responsible for the bombing of a nightclub in Bali, Indonesia. In 2002, 202 were killed when two Bali nightclubs were bombed.

Other plots he said he was responsible for included planned attacks against the Sears Tower in Chicago, the Empire State Building and New York Stock Exchange, the Panama Canal and Big Ben and Heathrow Airport in London—none of which happened.

He said he was involved in planning assassination attempts against former Presidents Carter and Clinton, attacks on U.S. nuclear power plants and suspension bridges in New York, the destruction of American and Israeli embassies in Asia and Australia, attacks on American naval vessels and oil tankers around the world, and an attempt to “destroy” an oil company he said was owned by former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger on Sumatra, Indonesia.

He also claimed he shared responsibility for assassination attempts against Pope John Paul II and Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf.

In all, Mohammed said he was responsible for planning 28 attacks and assisting in three others. The comments were included in a 26-page transcript released by the Pentagon, which blacked out some of his remarks.

Mohammed also claimed he was tortured by the CIA after his capture in according to an exchange he had with the unidentified military colonel who heads the three-member panel that heard his case.

“Is any statement that you made, was it because of this treatment, to use your word, you claim torture,” the colonel asked. “Do you make any statements because of that?”

Portions of Mohammed’s response were deleted from the transcript, and his immediate answer was unclear. He later said his confession read at the hearing to the long list of attacks was given without any pressure, threats or duress. more at link
breitbart.com/article.php?id … _article=1[/quote]
This is breaking at quite a few other sources.

He’s taking responsibility/credit for all of that? Busy guy.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Waooo, we are all relieved now. :noway:

It would be nice if they could determine his wherabouts during all those events…but then again, as a mastermind, he woudn’t necessairly have to be there.

So, is this a nonstory?

[quote=“jdsmith”]It would be nice if they could determine his wherabouts during all those events…but then again, as a mastermind, he woudn’t necessairly have to be there.

So, is this a nonstory?[/quote]

Not for the Bush Administration. For them I expect it will be Mission Accomplished II. Get ready for the PR photos of a gloating Shrub with his foot on the neck of the shackled prostrate mastermind.

I heard he shot Lincoln, too.

That was Benedict Arnold, silly.

and nice nipples btw.

Wow! Did he mention his connection to Pakistani intelligence services? What? No? Imagine that!

A closed-door hearing. Transcripts read out by the Pentagon. A tortured defendant, and a tribunal obviously stacked.

Yes, I believe every last word.

Maybe you all can find something you like here…

news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=u … earch+News

He’s really got nothing to lose at this point. Over 5 years in the bay, makes you wonder why he should be so honest after all this time.

How many plots can one fiend be in?
I think some unseen hands are at work here, perhaps from both sides of the issue.

He probably has my girlfriend’s cat, too.

And he put a football through my window…

He stole my woman, dog, and car. Shortly after he blew up my garage and started pimping my mom. All while terrorizing the world. I would deem him a super pimp but the poor bastard just decided to confess to anything and everything. People will confess to anything if they are tortured long enough.

Maybe he figures, “I am fucked anyway might as well get credit for as much shit as I can.” A lot of serial killers like to take credit for murders they didn’t do too.

When I started reading the last post, I thought you were going to go into a country song. :slight_smile:

Next day - the story continues…

Officials: Mohammed exaggerated claimsya think?

[i]"WASHINGTON - Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s claims that he was responsible for dozens of successful, foiled and imagined attacks in the past 15 years relies on a loose definition of the word “responsible.” Officials say the 9/11 mastermind was key to some plots but a bit player in others.

While there apparently is truth in much of the statement, several officials said, there’s also an element of self-promotion. They view the claims as at least in part a rallying cry to bolster his image and that of al-Qaida in the only venue Mohammed has left: a military courtroom from which the public is barred.

“I have never known a criminal — either terrorist or otherwise — that didn’t exaggerate,” said Michigan Rep. Mike Rogers, a former
FBI agent and the top Republican on the terrorism panel of the House Intelligence Committee."

“If you look at him having a senior position in al-Qaida, when he says he’s responsible, it can be interpreted in a lot of different ways,” said Ben Venzke, head of the Virginia-based IntelCenter, a government contractor that monitors al-Qaida messaging."

“One official cautioned that many of Mohammed’s claims during interrogation were “white noise” — designed to send the U.S. on wild goose chases or to get him through the day’s interrogation session.”

““In light of the rambling nature of his statements, and the views of some that he is prone to exaggerate his importance, we cannot feel confident we know exactly the level of his involvement in various prior attacks,” said Joshua Dressler, a criminal law expert at Moritz College of Law at Ohio State University.”[/i]

He’s talking…but it is still in the sorting out phase.
And gee…who would think he might be less than factual in his statements?..:astonished:

According to a report on BBC, he also personally beheaded Daniel Pearl.

If all this is true, he’s definitely the evil genius of modern times. I wonder if he lived in a hollowed out volcano.

Next, he’ll be claiming credit for inventing sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]He’s talking…but it is still in the sorting out phase.
And gee…who would think he might be less than factual in his statements?..:astonished:[/quote]
So why do you think the US is releasing all this info if it’s still sketchy? Makes me think someone’s gonna look like an ass soon.

“So just how much are you willing to blab for that piece of Halal pepperoni pie, dude?”

It’s in the news cos it is imperative to remind us all what a crazed bunch of worthless mutha fuckers they are in Gitmo. Even Johhny - I’m an absolute c*nt - Howard is getting all uppity about an Oz prisoner, Hicks, in Gitmo and his lack of a trial. Mind you three years ago he couldn’t give a shit, but presto! Those polls said the Oz people did care, and cared very much about it, so now . . . here’s Johnny!

As I’ve said before, I would not have given a toss if they’d offed these guys right where they found them, but since they’ve built this stupid camp in all its lurid orange wonder, they have to be dealt with properly.

HG

He has not been at Gitmo for very long. According to a CNN report, he was actually held in a secret CIA prison until last September, when President Bush ordered him and 13 other prisoners sent to the Bay. But he was arrested in March, 2003. I don’t know what was done to him over the course of three and a half years in a secret prison in god knows where, but something tells me it wasn’t all Swedish massages and berries with cream. I doubt this guy needs much prodding to take credit for this stuff, but I won’t accept his confession until

1. The facts are verified.
  2. An independent commission not connected in any way to the military or intelligence community establishes he was not tortured.