A 3 day weekend is coming and it SUCKS :(

Lol weren’t you just lambasting another user yesterday for being “sexist”? sheesh, have some consistency will you? Playing into stereotypes just reinforces them and makes the rest of us work harder to disprove them you know. :joy:

Yeah so far no issues in parks or riverside paths enjoying life outdoors. Hoping the gov will realize the threat of spreading covid outdoors is much less than indoors and act accordingly. So sad to see yellow tape all over recreational areas outside that are already a bit distanced (park benches, exercise equipment). It is understandable that basketball courts are off-limits now though.

1 Like

I could do with a good haranguing. Harangue means rumpy pumpy right?

2 Likes

Is haranguing code for aggressively flirting?

You will have noticed I said “Order some zongzi.” As in from an excellent reputable shop, ideally in Tainan or Kaohsiung as these guys seem to know what they are doing.

I was not talking about food received from randos, which I would not eat either, and which was not the topic here anyways. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Ageist, perhaps, but I fail to see the sexism.

Lambast isn’t correct. I said that her post was sexist without giving my opinion about it.

It depends what one is into

The difference is simple. When an old man decides to complain to you, you can tell him to fuck off. He’ll respect you more for it and leave you be.

Tell an old woman to fuck off, and she may return with an entourage that includes the authorities.

Since I’ve been in the office for the past two weeks, despite having to spend it indoors, an extra day off is much needed. One less day in the office means a smaller chance of virus spread. I’ll take it.

4 Likes

Not the OP, but in my case, I hate holidays. I work from home (have been doing so for many years), so holidays aren’t a “day off” for me. As a freelancer, I get to choose my days off, and those are usually when everyone else is working.

2 Likes

I am at Qingshui Highway Rest Area and toilets are open. Only a few wall urinals were taped off.

https://maps.google.com/?cid=10814322299884892439

4 Likes

I just stepped over the Yellow Tape. Was not arrested. Hiked as normal yesterday.

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking that’s the way to go. Once you’re past the yellow tape the trails are empty. Get caught just act dumb. Worst case scenario is maybe a 3000nt fine.

1 Like

Another one had also the toilets open. Maybe only those near Taipei have closed restrooms.

…or being mauled by a Formosan black bear I suppose.

Presser said that ~some~ restrooms are maintained.

Fun game - stop at every rest area and guess which toilets are open.

2 Likes

If you have a family it could get steep.
Made me think on our (single) guerrilla hike so far :sweat_smile:. And wouldn’t you know it when we exited I bumped into the local lizhang type. Was a bit hairy.
Would rather hike legally if possible but there are few options out there .
Was kind of an amazing experience though having practically a whole mountain to yourself.
The fine will be steeper again if you are mixing more than five people from different households , not wearing masks. I don’t know if the national parks have extra fines that could apply or not.

It’s just on my tod mind. The thing as well is you can hit many of the main trails using unmarked side trails as access. Most of my hiking in YMS is way off the main trails. Anyway we’ll see. Rivers they can’t stop you accessing since there’s no trails at all. You just get in the water and head upstream.

On a related note my company just sent an email asking people to wear masks in their own home (if there’s more than one of you). I can’t take much more of this nonsense. :sloth:

4 Likes

Or that this experience is getting us ready to live indoors for extended periods of time for some reason…and we ain’t going to the Moon.

1 Like

MOst of the bug in NYC was spread after they sent everyone home.

1 Like