A banana needs to be picked A.S.A.P

[color=darkblue]Am I, an Asian-American with many years of ESL teaching experience, applying for jobs in some wrong way to wrong schools or do they just want no Asian teachers period?

I had several interviews and did the demos. They all loved me, but told me that I lack in one aspect…I’m not Caucasian. Ha ha… :laughing: I didn’t think that Taiwan would be this close-minded and racist when it comes to hiring English teachers.

Having said all this, do any of you “lucky” ones or ones that were on the same boat as me give me some recommendations?
Any help is appreicated~ [/color] :help:

The last two teachers hired in my school have been XBC, and the parents never complained about their ethnicity to me. If you’re still looking for work in August, drop me a line - I’d like to talk with you… :sunglasses:

[quote=“Granville Street”] [color=darkblue]

…do any of you “lucky” ones or ones that were on the same boat as me give me some recommendations?
Any help is appreicated~ [/color] :help:[/quote]

I’m not Asian, but I have been turned down many times simply for being male, or for being too old. In fact, I was hounded out of my first teaching job by parents, just for those reasons.

My advice is to suck it up and keep looking. It may take you longer than you had hoped, but you’ll find something eventually.

I’m sure you would rather not work for people who can’t see beyond the colour of your skin.