A Beautiful Run

Just watch this… pure beauty… watch for the point where Jerome decides to turn upfield and smack the linebacker:

That’s just about as pretty a sight as you’ll ever see… in a football game, that is.

Not bad.

When those guys get really good and more confident, they can take off all that armour and try playing rugby, a real man’s game. :wink:

The guy in black and yellow ? He crashes into someone else and falls over, what’s so hard about that ?

[quote=“Tigerman”]Just watch this… pure beauty… watch for the point where Jerome decides to turn upfield and smack the linebacker:

That’s just about as pretty a sight as you’ll ever see… in a football game, that is.[/quote]
Nice!
Now if only I could have a couple Primanti Bros. sandwiches and a big screen to watch it on.

Sorry to go OT, but how’d you post a vid like that?

Da BUS!!

he’s carrying the ball in the wrong arm.

having played american football and rugby at the collegiate level and association football (soccer) thru highschool i can only say they are all difficult in different ways…but rugby has the best parties by far.

I saw the vid being used as an avatar on a different site… I left-clicked my mouse on the vid and then got the url… then I posted it here using the function.

Hope that helps.

It’s not really a video, Stray Dog, it’s an animated GIF. It’s treated just like an image. Those animated smileys are the same format. :rainbow:

Now, someone tell me why you lot call this football again. At what point does he use his foot with the ball?

Less than 1% of the time. Same naming concept as when work was called “rewarding”.

Was that Ray Lewis that Jerome laid the lumber to? The Bus is a load that’s for sure.

I bet the eyes of that LB were the size of platters when Bettis squared his shoulders and started heading upfield.

That warrants an official “Ouch” :slight_smile:

Yes!

That’s not a beautiful run. A truly beautiful run is Gavin Hastings going up the wing from the 5-yard line with no-one even able to touch him and putting the ball down between the posts.

Big Gav.

Yes![/quote]

That’s awesome.

Your picture doesn’t move - so it’s not as exciting

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Not bad.

When those guys get really good and more confident, they can take off all that armour and try playing rugby, a real man’s game. :wink:[/quote]

Stray Dog, they wear armor so that they can hit harder.

Now go back to the parlour and eat your tea and drink your crumpets while you listen to Elizabeth read Dickens out loud and let us men talk about the second greatest game ever invented. :laughing:

So, you mean… he didn’t hit anyone? How is that beautiful? :s

:wink:

Soccer players rarely sock anyone. They should call Hockey Soccer and Baseball Hockey.

Yes![/quote]

That’s awesome.[/quote]

Ray wasn’t packin heat, that’s why he got stuck.

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“Stray Dog”]Not bad.

When those guys get really good and more confident, they can take off all that armour and try playing rugby, a real man’s game. :wink:[/quote]

Stray Dog, they wear armor so that they can hit harder. [/quote]

How does wearing armour help that? Two men running at each other at the fastest speed they can run at are going to hit harder becuase they’ve got armour on? That’s illogical. They’ll hit each other just as hard, but it will hurt less because they’re wearing armour.

This is easily demonstrated by riding a motorcycle at 30mph into a brick wall will full leathers and a crash helmet on, and then riding a motorcycle at 30mph into a brick wall in your boxer shorts. You hit the wall just as hard, but it hurts less when you’re head to toe in protective gear.

They wear all that shit because they’re bit fat unfit lard arses who would have a coronary if another bit fat lard arse ran into them without them both being head to toe in padding. (I’m talking about the guys who’s job it is to run into each other. Obviously there are highly skilled and fit athletes in the game. And they all look lovely in their little hats.)