A-bian a Crook and Taiwan a disgrace

Taiwan before A-bian took over was doing fine. Out off ROK, Japan, and Hong Kong it was the only country(I know it legally isn’t one but i’ll say it anyways) to survive the Asian Flu. Now don’t get me wrong i am a neutral and independence and reunification are both acceptable. But remember one must think multi-dimensionally. YOU NEED TO LOOK AT MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION TO SUPPORT A GUY.

When it comes down to it Chen Shui Bian is a Criminal. Ever since he’s taken power nothing has gone right. He has divided the Island into two factions. Does the man support independence Yes he does. But ask yourself this. How has Taiwan’s economy been ever since his inception into office. Better yet how are the suicide rates and overall crime rates in comparison to 6 years ago? What about school how is the Taiwan education system these days? While Taiwan suffers has A-bian suffered. Has A-bian felt the grief of unemployment rising crime rates. NO HE HASN’T IN FACT HE’S SUCCESSFULLY MADE HIMSELF A WEALTHIER MAN. Not only that his wife is definitely involved in insider trading(NOT EVEN EXPERIENCED WALL STREET Investors HAVE HER GODLY ACCURRACY WHEN PICKING STOCKS).

In the face of every allegation has A-bian ever addressed the issues? THe anwser is no. It’s always one diversion after another and using RACISM TO split the country in two causing the people to fight amongst each other rather than solve the real problems. What was his excuse for the discovery of two secret accounts back in his days as the mayor of Taipei. He said something like “Well the LAST Guy did it”. Perhaps A-Bian does not realize but the reason he was elected was not to be MORE CORRUPT OR AS CORRUPT AS THE OTHER GUY HE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE AN IMPROVEMENT. Better remembered when the KMT tried to impeach him he even spoke in Taiwanese and had a Taiwanese to Mandarin Translator obviously used to rouse people’s sense of nationalism so they forget the fact that he’s a corrupt jerk. The man plays upon people’s inner hate for each other and while they are distracted he commences his own Corrupt activities. Am I anti-independence? Am I pro Unification. Probably not either. In fact if DONE RIGHT both can be politically acceptable. Pro independence or Not that is NOT THE KEY OF THE DISCUSSION SO FOR YOU FERVENT PRO GREEN SUPPORTERS. I SUGGEST YOU LEARN THE SKILL OF READING before you go calling me communist. The Point is A-bian is criminal. It’s just like Barry Bonds their is no proof that he took steriods but it’s PRETTY DAMN CERTAIN ALREADY. If you want independence don’t SUPPORT JUST ANYONE. AT LEAST SUPPORT AN HONEST POLITIICIAN(Not like TW has many of those but they might just be better than A-bian) THAT TRULY CARES ABOUT TAIWAN AND DOES NOT DISTRACT THE PEOPLE TO PERPETUATE HIS OWN CRIMES. This guy is so selfish he does not even seem to care that he probably has ruined his OWN PARTY’s reputation. He continues to sit and watch money roll in whole people fight.

This moves to my next point of the Riots in Taiwan. The celebration of Hurting others is SICKENING. Considering that you have the possibility of hurting for exercising their right to Free Speech. If Taiwan ever wants to be a democracy beating the crap out off people that disagree with you is not the right way to do things. Here is one thing I do believe trying to get A-bian to resign is a ridiculous move because it’s probably not going to happen. But that still does not condone violence. THose of you no matter which side you are on that support hurting people, destroying people’s cars for merely voicing their opinion should be ashame of yourselves. From the press coverage i’ve read it seems it centers on Pro green supporters. The Reds probably have initiated violence as well. But this not the way to do things and it’s a damn disgrace(I highly doubt A-bian cares he’s probably laughing and continuing to make money while Taiwan Decays)

Umm, welcome DDL980, ya COMMUNIST! :raspberry:

Feel better now?

:laughing:

HG

someone arrest this commie…and force feed him binglang till he turns green

Welcome to the forumosa, the place for smart arses.
Well said and look forward to reading your future contributions.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Welcome to the forumosa, the place for smart arses.
Well said and look forward to reading your future contributions.[/quote]

“for yin and yang shall never meet
on calvary street, on calvary street”

bit of kiwi poetry for ya

The dude is a president who doesn’t know how to lead or administer. Taiwan is doomed, DOOMED, I tell ya.

BTW, welcome. The arguments between the Bluies and Greenies here are really funny. :mickey:

In present-day Taiwan, shutting down demonstrations through intimidation or actual violence should be equally bad for the democratic process as trying to bring down Abian through extra-judicial means. But not too many Forumosa armchair referees will come out with this assessment.

I like how on the bottom you have the quote “If it aint broke don’t fix it” Not exactly what you said right but close enough right?

Here’s something you can do go read up on how as Chen’s money increases Taiwan’s value decreases. Taiwan wasn’t broke chen tried to fix it and well he screwed up. You greenies would even support a pedophile rapist if he/she said they were Pro Taiwan independence.

“i am a neutral and independence and reunification are both acceptable.”

Ha … you are quite obviously a complete nitwit … as they both add up to two very differant things …

Do you really want to be told what to do by Beijing?

Or would prefer that the status quo that now exists continues and the ROC was officially called Taiwan?

If you are a local then fare enough … you could have lost a mint on the stock exchange and be pissed with Chen because of that. But then you could be some raving loon who sees what the TV news networks tell him/her to see and swallows every word.

I agree Chen is an arrogant fool, but he was voted into office and should finish his “elected term in office.”

As for your point about him not doing anything … well … maybe you should look at the state of the Legislative Yuan. The Pan-blue majority has blocked large numbers of bills and nearly all governmental budgets … and all becaue they still have not gotten over losing two elections.

Is it any wonder very little has been done over the past six years …

… But then with such a nonsensical notion you could also be some dumbass laowai … and if that is the case then sure you don’t care … you’re here to make money.

When and if the shit hits the fan you’ll leave and then bore people to death with your BS stories.

Oh … and on a passing note … where is the evidence that Chen is corrupt … ?

And please don’t quote Mr. Chiu Yi if you reply …

All, or mostly all, good, crasstown.

Cheers.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Umm, welcome DDL980, ya COMMUNIST! :raspberry:

Feel better now?

:laughing:

HG[/quote]

I understand its pretty sexy to be a communist these days, ehe?! :banana:

I find it fascinating that even the supporters of Abian here can only offer oblique support for this guy – but the guy was elected by the people! Yes he was. Any other merits to the guy?

How about this. He is corrupting, because he is so damn incompetent. Now, let’s pray for Taiwan. It’s doomed, DOOMED, I tell ya.

I find it fascinating that even the supporters of Abian here can only offer oblique support for this guy – but the guy was elected by the people! Yes he was. Any other merits to the guy?[/quote]

Well seeing as you don’t give a flying fuck for democracy and democratic institutions, of course it is just an amusing sideline for you. However, the reason we keep bringing this point up is because it is in fact the crux of the matter.

I suppose you got a hard on when you heard how the Thai military dealt with their unloved leader. Good for you.

HG

So, no merits to Abian at all? Doesn’t anyone feel like a stupid fuck for supporting him?

:laughing: yep… a bit quiet from all those previously staunch Chen/DPP supporters here on Forumosa…

I see quite a bit of merit to the “remove A-bian” movement, at least the reasoning behind it as explained to me by some local friends of mine… it sets a great precedent for future would be leaders of Taiwan, namely that no matter who you are, deep green “local boy” or deep blue “semi-commie” if you and/or your family lie, cheat, and steal from the Taiwanese people you will be removed from office…

more power to them IMHO… 阿扁下檯!

Not at all. I supported (with reservations) George Bush initially too. And Jean Chretien in Canada until he proved corrupt.

Democracy is not a face issue. You support someone you think will do a good job. If he does, great. If he doesn’t you withdraw your support and vote him out. I’m not clairvoyant so why would I feel stupid?

Is this really why you hate democracy? You’re afraid of looking foolish?

Not when you consider the far ghastlier alternative that the electorate were presented with.

Never, ever forget: no matter how much you are disappointed or upset by Chen’s glaring inadequacies as national leader, just think of the terrible situation that Taiwan would be in now if Lien and Soong had weasled their way into the Presidential Office.

I will be very glad indeed when Chen’s term as president comes to an end in 2008, but I don’t for a moment regret the outcome of the last presidential election.

Not when you consider the far ghastlier alternative that the electorate were presented with.

Never, ever forget: no matter how much you are disappointed or upset by Chen’s glaring inadequacies as national leader, just think of the terrible situation that Taiwan would be in now if Lien and Soong had weasled their way into the Presidential Office.

I will be very glad indeed when Chen’s term as president comes to an end in 2008, but I don’t for a moment regret the outcome of the last presidential election.[/quote]

Indeed. Furthermore, in the long term Taiwan’s democracy has been strengthened by Chen’s election. The military and bureacracy are less partisan, and a true oppostion now exists. People have genuine alternatives now. Chen’s election broke the monopoly on power held by the KMT and this can only be considered a good thing.

And yes, yes, Lien or Soong in power would have been a nightmare from which we might never have woken.

[quote=“plasmatron”] it sets a great precedent for future would be leaders of Taiwan, namely that no matter who you are, deep green “local boy” or deep blue “semi-commie” if you and/or your family lie, cheat, and steal from the Taiwanese people you will be removed from office…

more power to them IMHO… 阿扁下檯![/quote]

No, it sets a horrible precedent. If your political enemies with plenty of access to the media can exaggerate relatively minor unproven charges into wild allegations of corruption, then you can raise a mob and remove your democratically elected leaders from office by extra-constitutional means.