A-bian a Crook and Taiwan a disgrace

[quote=“Feiren”][quote=“plasmatron”] it sets a great precedent for future would be leaders of Taiwan, namely that no matter who you are, deep green “local boy” or deep blue “semi-commie” if you and/or your family lie, cheat, and steal from the Taiwanese people you will be removed from office…

more power to them IMHO… 阿扁下檯![/quote]

No, it sets a horrible precedent. If your political enemies with plenty of access to the media can exaggerate relatively minor unproven charges into wild allegations of corruption, then you can raise a mob and remove your democratically elected leaders from office by extra-constitutional means.[/quote]

Yes. Exactly.

[quote=“Feiren”][quote=“plasmatron”] it sets a great precedent for future would be leaders of Taiwan, namely that no matter who you are, deep green “local boy” or deep blue “semi-commie” if you and/or your family lie, cheat, and steal from the Taiwanese people you will be removed from office…

No, it sets a horrible precedent. If your political enemies with plenty of access to the media can exaggerate relatively minor unproven charges into wild allegations of corruption, then you can raise a mob and remove your democratically elected leaders from office by extra-constitutional means.[/quote]

Don’t go to Kalifornia, USA. You’ll be shocked as to what they did with that ex-dude. :runaway:

:laughing: riiiiight… A-Bian is just an honest, hard working, squeaky clean servant of the Taiwanese people who’s become the innocent victim of a fabricated smear campaign… even with the “green can do no wrong” goggles on, that’s still a hard pill to swallow… It seems according to opinion poles that 85% of the Taiwanese people are not dumb enough to buy that angle either and agree that where there’s smoke, there’s fire… A-bian’s crashed and burning, better put him out quick…

[quote=“plasmatron”]

I see quite a bit of merit to the “remove A-bian” movement, at least the reasoning behind it as explained to me by some local friends of mine… it sets a great precedent for future would be leaders of Taiwan, namely that no matter who you are, deep green “local boy” or deep blue “semi-commie” if you and/or your family lie, cheat, and steal from the Taiwanese people you will be removed from office…

I agree. Let’s remove every politician in Taiwan who’s greedy and corrupt, if there’s even a hint or allegation of corruption, kick’em out, I say!

Legislative Yuan, step down! Power to the people!

All right, we have a non-clairvoyant in this corner.

But wait! We seem to have a couple clairvoyants in the other corner, one of which was a non-clairvoyant just a moment ago! What is this, magic?

And … of … course, in a democratic election, if one side wins, it is elected by the people; if the other side wins, it is weasled into the office. Nice.

You’re point is almost valid, except we have been able to observe both Chen and Lien/Soong for the past 6 years. Given what I have seen of the latter two, I say that yes, it would have been far worse.

[quote=“plasmatron”][quote=“Feiren”][quote=“plasmatron”] it sets a great precedent for future would be leaders of Taiwan, namely that no matter who you are, deep green “local boy” or deep blue “semi-commie” if you and/or your family lie, cheat, and steal from the Taiwanese people you will be removed from office…

:laughing: riiiiight… A-Bian is just an honest, hard working, squeaky clean servant of the Taiwanese people who’s become the innocent victim of a fabricated smear campaign… even with the “green can do no wrong” goggles on, that’s still a hard pill to swallow… It seems according to opinion poles that 85% of the Taiwanese people are not dumb enough to buy that angle either and agree that where there’s smoke, there’s fire… A-bian’s crashed and burning, better put him out quick…[/quote]

Feiren is, of course, completely correct. It’s the crux of the matter, and while I might not expect any of the China brigade to cotton on to it, I would expect it to be apparent to any Western European or North American familiar with the workings of sound democratic systems.

And I don’t know where you’ve fished out that figure of 85% of the Taiwanese people believing that Chen is a crook and should be indicted. Though it’s the kind of thing we’re used to hearing from AC and his ilk, it is palpably nonsense that I wouldn’t expect someone like you to be parroting. It may well be that some opinion polls show such a high percentage of people to be dissatisfied with Chen’s presidency, but I doubt there’s even a bare majority that are so stupid, brainwashed or blinkered as to believe the absurd allegations that have been hurled at him by Chiu Yi and and the rest of the dregs of Taiwan’s political gutter.

You know better than to make a claim like that without elaboration.

Hello, hello. What about Kalifornia. It’s in the West and democratic, sort of. :happybiker:

There’s certainly no answer to that, eh, MM!

But that was one of Zeug’s feebler attempts at sniping, and he probably regretted hitting the submit button as soon as his post appeared in the thread and he realized just how lame it was.

Or, amazingly, perhaps he didn’t! :astonished:

No, it seems not. :laughing:

Hey, don’t forget Annette. Now, we are on even playing field. :howyoudoin:

That explains why you are here, doesn’t it?

I’m waiting. “Far worse” than CSB/Annette’s administration based on non-clairvoyant evidence. There had better be some damned good stuff coming out of you two.

Honestly, you Pro-China Blue KMT supporters, would not be happy with any DPP President, so stop spouting the bullsh*t about how President Chen is so corrupt, etc. The important thing to you guys is that he is Taiwanese and Pro-Taiwan, Anti-China. That corrupt thing is a load crap, as the KMT single party machine was one of the most corrupt regimes in the world.

You guys really are not Anti-Chen, you are just Anti-Green and Anti-Taiwan/Pro-China. You poor pitiful minority in Taiwan do not know what to do when you are not in power. So afraid, you will get kicked out of this place or heaven forbid, Mandarin is made the secondary language over Taiwanese or something along these lines happens.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Hobart, but I think they are more appropriate for your therapist.

[quote=“Hobart”]That corrupt thing is a load crap, as the KMT single party machine was one of the most corrupt regimes in the world.
[/quote]

How does the KMT being even more currupt, make the charges of corrution crap? DPP are in power, they want to bring charges of corruption against LTH and the KMT , then do it. Get the proof and charge them, I'm sure the people will thank the DPP for doing so.

Hey, What ya jiving. I am just anti-KKK-wanna-greenie hooliganism. It’s BAAAD and good for a cheap laugh. :thanks:

And why not? At least we know a pedophile would be able to get the trains running on time.