A Big Fluffy Happy Hour at Alleycat's (Huashan) June 10th!

Forumosa’s beloved Big Fluffy Matthew is leaving our [strike]godforsaken[/strike] beautiful island at the end of this month, so come out at 8:00 on Thursday, June 10th to give him a proper send-off, and a hickey or two that he can show his friends back home.

Alleycat’s Mark Thomas is offering Forumosans $100 LARGE Carlsberg draughts, and $100 Coronas. And of course nothing goes with beer like pizza, so bring your appetite, because Alleycat’s pizza has to be in the top ten list of Good Things About Expat Life in Taipei.

Here’s the address:
台北市八德路一段一號
Bade Road, Section 1, No.1, Taipei
And here’s a (Chinese) map:

Big Fluffy Matthew? Wow! I know that guy!

Dearie me! A hugfest again! :discodance:

I’ll be recreating favorite scenes from Hombre.

Just remember it’s Big Fluffy Matthew you’re supposed to hug, not the 可愛 Taiwanese waitress :wink:

I don’t get it. :ponder:

I left the island last month; nobody threw
me
a hug-fest. :cry:

Is he leaving for good? :ponder: Is
that
the difference?

Can we get some sort of guarantee that he’ll never return?

Be a shame to show some emotion and then see him back here in a couple a weeks. :neutral:

Do we know where he’s going? Is it Penghu?

I don’t feel like hugging him if he’s just gonna go to another part of the R.O.C.

Is he goin’ to that other island . . . the one Buttercup and Tom Hill got lost on?

Is that it? :ohreally:

Just wondering why
I
never got a hug fest last month.

Does it have somethin’ to do with my post count?

That’s it, isn’t it?! :bluemad:

you’ve left???

Yeah, last month . . . like I said in my previous post.

I’m back now, and I had a good time and all . . . :slight_smile:

Still. :neutral:

Just not sure what the rules are. :ponder:

I distinctly recall “no hug fest” before I left.

That much I’m sure of. :frowning:

[quote=“zender”]I distinctly recall “no hug fest” before I left.[/quote]Did you ask, plead and beg? Like I did. Did you offer a single doggy treat to the almighty Gustav? Actually, did you drop any hints, subtle or otherwise?

Will you not be there? :cry:

No. :astonished: I didn’t know I was supposed to go hint dropping.

Is that stuff spelled out in the Flob rules that nobody ever reads?

And Gustav? Refresh my memory. Is that one of the two guys that runs Forumosa? Maoman and Gustav? I thought his name was Goose Egg.

I’ll admit, I’m not so good with hints. I don’t do subtle so well.

Should we bring something fluffy ? … like molded over high end pastries …

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]Should we bring something fluffy ? … like molded over high end pastries …[/quote] :lick: That would be yummy.

I’m not ready to make a commitment just yet. :hand:

And after years in Taiwan, I’ve forgotten how to answer negative questions. :doh:

Are you gonna be there? :ponder:

And do you solemnly swear that you’re leaving Taiwan
never to return?
:popcorn:

[quote=“zender”]And do you solemnly swear that you’re leaving Taiwan
never to return?
:popcorn:[/quote]I’ve done it before, I can do it again.

Can be a honorary mod for the evening and get free drinks? I can have that wee Irish fella’s allocation. I can also temp anything Jimi says.

If you’re leaving Taiwan, BFM, I’m sure there will be no shortage of free drinks for you that night, to help erase the memories!

MAY I BE THE VERY FIRST to say I’ll buy you some. Also, everything that I say at a happy hour is flamed, not temped.

A big fluffy bump

I’ll definitely be there to see BFM. They have pizza and beer too? Bonus!

Let me be the VERY FIRST to say that I’ll definitely be there to see BFM. They have pizza and beer too? Bonus!