...a bit of a moan

drink and enjoy the summer heat.

learn Chinese calligraphy.

volunteer at Animals Taiwan.

take a lesser job, because then you’ll have some more experience under your belt. i wouldn’t hire someone straight out of school with no prior experience anywhere if i had the option. part time jobs are better than none, and if you get an ARC from it then you’re laughing. people who reject all offers of employment while wiating for the best one to appear, magically, tend to go hungry and get bitter later on.

[quote=“yamato”]
I guess I just came at the wrong time. I do know someone actually, at a fairly good uni in Taipei who got me an interview. I’m still waiting to hear about that but it won’t be until June anyway so I’m buggered anyway. I have to find something to do for the next 3 months. :frowning:[/quote]

Yes, I think you are right, it is the wrong time to get a uni job. I am sure they won’t be hiring for any earlier than an August / September start. But, some unis do summer programmes that pay quite well (hourly) that you could consider. I have heard about these programmes at national teacher’s colleges.

I guess that you could also look for something short-term (sub work, etc.) until a uni job started if you got one starting in the fall.

[quote=“urodacus”]drink and enjoy the summer heat.

learn Chinese calligraphy.

volunteer at Animals Taiwan.

take a lesser job, because then you’ll have some more experience under your belt. I wouldn’t hire someone straight out of school with no prior experience anywhere if I had the option. part time jobs are better than none, and if you get an ARC from it then you’re laughing. people who reject all offers of employment while wiating for the best one to appear, magically, tend to go hungry and get bitter later on.[/quote]

thanks for the advice…I should mention a few things though…I’m not ‘fresh out of college’ I have over5 years experience and experience teaching at university level.

I’m reluctant to take a temp job, lie to the employer and then quit in 3 months. That will mean I would have to leave taiwan to get a new ARC anyway.

I would love to be unencumbered by work and have a few months free before starting a job. I certainly wouldn’t have any difficulty filling every minute of every day with enjoyable, purposeful and productive activity, and without needing to spend much money in doing so.

I do, however, understand your concern, especially if you’re not flush with spare funds. Stay as positive as you can, and I trust you’ll find what you’re looking for soon.

I got a job!

thanks for the help everyone :smiley:

Can you share where and how?

Goddammit! I thought I told you! Finish the vacuuming, take out the trash, do the dishes and empty the cat’s litter tray before using the computer.
You’re FIRED!

erm…not really willing to share that, but I will say that the pay is quite low and the hours long but it is a govenment job at a famous place, so I’m quite happy as it will probably stand me in good stead in the future.

Also there is a gym and pool there!!

“I-know-where-you’re-working!” (probably) They like MAs pretty well.

Yeah, it will look good on the resume, if you can stand it until it’s over. :smiley:

Uh-oh! Watch out for the poison dwarf and prey they’ve finally put her out to grass! She’s sent several anguished people on their way from your job over the past few years. She’s made grown men cry.