A cab driver pinched my breast today!

Well, I’m glad I did something right, thanks so much for the support.

These names cover a full half of the population of Taiwan, so in this case a little effort goes a long way. The list (with characters and tone-marked pinyin) is here.

Yes, just by posting here and making even ONE person more aware of the situation, you have done something extremely right. Bravo! :smiley:

[quote=“Flicka”]He must be one of these guys that are into pregnant women. Did you get his plate number? You sound like you are still in shock about this, but carefully think back – was he trying to help you with your things or your daughter and perhaps accidentally touched you? If not, call the foreign police NOW! Foreigners don’t have rights? – horseshit.

Ladies – Don’t get in a cab unless someone else takes down the plate number. If that’s impossible, type it in your cellphone. More than half of the time you are climbing into a car with a driver who has done some prison time.[/quote]

…or amphetimines. Its a tough living chasing a dime. You have every right, except a very few political ones. You get no respect, that’s the difference.

Be careful.

Brother Chou

[quote=“braxtonhicks”]

I’m sure this has to be a rare occurence here. Right???[/quote]

i prolly shoudn’t be chuckling… but i am… sorry…

those diry old men. it so doesn’t surprise me though…

Don’t worry, I had to laugh about it at first too, before it sunk in.

What the F… I am so sorry this happened to you. I think using a cab company may help you deal with the fear of taking cabs again in Taiwan, no? Everything is recorded and tracked (or one would hope so). I know I’d feel much better putting my own wife in one of those. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Brax, so sorry to hear about that, sheesh. :shock:

Here’s a trick that was tracked on me a few years ago (nice English, eh?):

Cab driver notices single female who clearly isn’t a native from Taiwan, getting into cab alone during a hot summer day… he drives a few blocks and then stops in front of a 7-11 saying he’s REALLY thirsty… that he’ll only take a minute and that he’ll even treat me to a drink and asked, what would I like? as he opened the car door readynto step out.

I was quite tired at the time which normally would have lead to my being nonchalant about the whole thing and letting it go, but it happened that I was tired AND grumpy and said, “Mister, if you get out of this car, I’m getting out too and finding myself another taxi, you choose.”

I found out later from my aunt that this is an old trick that cab drivers use to drug women, and to think that I almost fell for it.

Of course it’s also possible that he thought you looked thirsty and could use a drink.