A cheap hotel to stay in for a month

I may be homeless for a month. Any recommendations on a cheap place to stay? I’ve asked around a couple of cheap places around the train station, but they don’t offer weekly/monthly rates. The monthly rate is the nightly rate x 30.
I’m just a poor English teacher, not an engineer, so cheaper is better…thanks!

Does it have to be a hotel (with single rooms), or will a hostel (with dormitories) do? I believe some hostels also have single rooms, by the way, e.g. Taipei Hostel.

You could also offer to look after someone’s home and pets for a month if they are away.

We are staying at the Mandarin Hostel close to the Wanlong MRT station. It’s like an apartment with 4 rooms and a shared bathroom. There’s a kitchen and free internet access. Here’s the website: www.mandarinhostel.com

Good Luck,

Carlos

International House is ok. It’s not super cheap, and it’s out of the way (up the hill in Xindian), but the staff are friendly and it’s clean.

geocities.com/soho/6271/ihmain.htm

[quote=“cdnmagic”]We are staying at the Mandarin Hostel close to the Wanlong MRT station. It’s like an apartment with 4 rooms and a shared bathroom. There’s a kitchen and free internet access. Here’s the website: www.mandarinhostel.com

Good Luck,

Carlos[/quote]

I was going to recommend that place too. Last summer I did a survey of 60 hotels and hostels in Taipei and I highly recommend MH for those looking for a short to mid-lenght stay.