A Costume Rental shop?

Well I’ve put it off to the last minute with my costume for tonight. Any ideas where one might go to buy a decent get-up. Please help my sheet I used for my toga and ghost costume is worn out.

looking for a clown suit to hire. but i am 183cm tall. any ideas?

Hsimenting. Chang-Hsia St. Two or three rental shops there.

CK

Changsha?

Try the Chunghsiao/Tunghua area…I remember there being a few there in the backstreets.
I bought my las Halloween costume there. (Can’t remember exactly where it was though)

I want to be something special for Halloween. Something cute and cudly. I don’t want to buy anything. Just rent the perfect costume. Where may I find a shop that will fill my halloween dreams.

Cheers.

Xi Men Ding

If you are standing on Chung Hwa rd looking at Xi Men Ding (facing West) (The big clock) walk or drive straight and make your first left. Continue along that street (there are costume rental shops on that street as well) then make your second right I believe.

Sorry for the crap directions. But there are a few shops in that area.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]Xi Men Ding

If you are standing on Zhonghua Rd looking at Xi Men Ding (facing West) (The big clock) walk or drive straight and make your first left. Continue along that street (there are costume rental shops on that street as well) then make your second right I believe.

Sorry for the crap directions. But there are a few shops in that area.[/quote]

I need something big and fluffy. Do people still like Panda’s because of the whole China Panda give away rotten animals thing?

They have a lot of different costumes there. Including big fluffy ones :laughing:

Not sure about a panda costume though.

Last Halloween I saw a guy dressed as cookie monster at the Brass Monkey. He had a blue fluffy costume. He painted his head blue and glued eyeballs on the top of his bald head. It was awesome. :notworthy:

Aside form Ximending, the other place to get costumes in Taipei is behind the railway station. Ican’t remember the exact location, but it’s around ChangAn Rd and Chengde Rd more or less. There’s a cluster of a few costume shops there.

brian

Does anybody know if the ships at ximending will have a reindeer/rudolf mascot costume for hire?

Are there any other areas in Taipei with costume shops?

[quote=“eek”]Does anybody know if the ships at Ximending will have a reindeer/rudolf mascot costume for hire?

Are there any other areas in Taipei with costume shops?[/quote]

Behind the railway station area has much more choice than Ximending. I’m sure they’d have reindeer horns. Can’t be sure if it’d be much more elaborate than that, though.

If anyone on this thread can write Chinese then could you do a quick search and provide a link to their website? I need a costume as well, but it takes a fair amount of time to travel to Taipei for something you aren’t sure if it’s there or not.

[quote=“Bu Lai En”][quote=“eek”]Does anybody know if the ships at Ximending will have a reindeer/rudolf mascot costume for hire?

Are there any other areas in Taipei with costume shops?[/quote]

Behind the railway station area has much more choice than Ximending. I’m sure they’d have reindeer horns. Can’t be sure if it’d be much more elaborate than that, though.[/quote]

The one I’ve seen is on the Taoyuan street/Changan road intersection. Hope that helps. Third store, corner is a stationery store with lots ofg Peanuts goods.

Wainien Building in Ximending, first floor, more anime than anything else though.

I should not have made a new post :no-no:

but STILL - I need being an African by next Friday (Albino does not count)
Will visit the “behind the trainstation” spots before Ximen later on

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtop … 5&t=116877

edit ; typo

Eh, seems to me that Ximending -across from the police station- would be more of that kind of thing.

With the information in this thread in mind I visited the costume shops behind the train station. There were many cool costumes but they were all very basic and cheap…averaging about 500nt to buy. I was looking for something around the 3000nt mark.

I dont know why someone would say going behind taipei train station is better than ximen for costumes. :loco: Its not.
If you are looking to rent, not buy, then ximen has a dozen stores to pick from. The best quality one is the “Superman Changing Room” costume store. You can really get just about any high quality costume there.

I don’t know why someone would say going behind taipei train station is better than ximen for costumes. :loco: Its not.
[/quote]

I forgot replying that my wife and I had some euh “words” about the so called place behind the train-station.
The only spots we found there were the stores selling CNY stuff. Not one had costumes. (still - if someone would be able to point out to the exact location - I could still have the last word towards the misses :smiley: )

I did found an “Africa” related “costume” I was looking for which they rented for 1000 NRD for 2 days. Aside being a potential walking fire hazard (the costume was made of straw) it was nice and diverse.
My fellow female workers looked gorgeous in their “Jane” outfits also :lick: (me Tarzan)
Obviously - it is easier to get any costume of any Manga / cartoon / movie figure in Ximen but High Quality rents at a price of 3000 NTD are not to be found.
(for 3000 NTD you better BUY one and sell it second hand to those stores in Ximen)

I was wanting to buy. I never said anything about renting.