A couple of comments from me

Forumosa has been, for me, a source of mostly good and verifiable information. Sorry, that’s the best I could come up with for an opening line :smiley: . The fact is that I have retired from teaching and am now located in another country dedicating my full attention to the demands of a publishing company I have established and that takes a lot of my time.

For this reason, I have not posted recently on Forumsa (with one other exception for today). I am certain that is to the happiness of a select few and to the sadness of another select few :slight_smile: Anyway, my usually helpful, though sometimes sarcastic and downright rude posts will be few and very far between in the foreseeable future.

As I said before, this forum has been a place where I have gleaned many facts, thoughts, and opinions that were, and still are, of value to me. And, for that, I offer all the contributors to this forum my thanks and best wishes. Even those who PMed me with nasty and vulgar comments about my posts. As if I should really care, right? Just kidding, I really don’t care.

Again, a return to my offer of only a couple of comments. Well, my second comment is this: I know that over the time, I have both unintentionally and intentionally been rude and offensive to other posters. I know that I was wrong in doing so. If I didn’t care for a particular poster’s point of view, there was absolutely no reason for me to jump in and engage in an ad hominem diatribe against him or her instead of taking the time to argue against his or her point of view.

If, as you read this, you feel that I have ever offended you or insulted you in any way, please accept this post as an offering of my sincerest appology to you. Off hand, I can easly think of at least three posters here whom I have intentionally offended or insulted and, all I can say is that I am very sorry and hope that your skin is thick enough to have shrugged it all off. If I embittered your day, hour, or minute, just blame it on the Rube Syndrome. No, on second thought, just blame it on me.

I love and respect you all, even you!

The onliest Ramblin Rube

It’s all good. Sorry to see you go, but feel to drop in any time… :sunglasses:

If you tried to offend me Rube, you didn’t do a very good job. :wink:

Take care and good luck with the next stage in your life.

Peace

jds
:rainbow:

Blow me Rambling Rube… Your leaving offends me :raspberry:

Much luck to your new venture! :thumbsup: