A Cure For Construction Site Noise

I’m going to share a bit of a cultural secret/trick for living here on the island.

I see complaints about construction noise and inconvenience occasionally here on the board. This might help ‘smooth’ things out a bit. And its a cheap fix.

Spend $NT50 or so and buy a bottle of Poly B and take it to the workers. Also get a can of that yellow soda-like stuff…Way to li or Vitali…whatever.

Go to the workers, hold them both up and point to a white plastic cup they’l have with them (they always have white platic cups on the job-site).
Open both bottles pour a shot of Poly B and a shot of the Vitali into a cup…give it to the worker who is paying attention,then…and here is the trick…toast to this guy and then take a slug of the Poly B while smiling at him.
Be sincere, or fake your best sincerity possible.
Leave the bottles with them and smile like a loon and say anything in Chinese no matter how stupid it is.

Next time you have a problem just go to them and smile and tell them to knock-off the noise for a while - "Me no sleep…To Muchie Boom Boom Boom!..pai say…pai say…xie xie (pronounce it ‘say say’ with a bit of a lisp…Taiwanese works better)"

It’ll work. Cheap and effective solution.

:bow:

(have some food in yr belly before you drink that crap)

At what point do you put the Mogadon into their cups?

It’s good advice. I once bought black tea for a crew working on a big whole in the middle of the street in front of the house. The bought me Kaoliang in return and knocked off the noise for a while. They thought it was neat that the white girl had done that for them. And they were really working hard on a very dirty job and on a very hot day. They were thankful for the cold drink.