A decent barber for Men in Da'an

So, all I want is a person in the Da’an area who can speak a little english or endure my baby Chinese that will give me an easy haircut. All I usually need is an electric trimmer with a #6 guard, a person who knows what they’re doing and I come out looking like a Brooks Brother’s model. it’s a curse, I know… Any suggestions. I am in the ShiDa area.

Try Diane, she has many satisfied customers, both Taiwanese and westerners. We lived in the US for a while so she speaks good English, and she worked as hair dresser full time for over 4 years in Sweden (speaks good Swedish, too), so she knows western hair and hair styles. She also worked in Hong Kong for a short time.

She’s conveniently located in the middle of Taipei, a short walk behind SOGO towards Civic Blvd. By MRT, get off at the Zhongxiao/Fuxing station on the blue line, taking the SOGO exit (4). When you get out, walk in the direction of Dunhua for about a hundred meters until you hit Da’an Rd. Turn left on Da’an towards Civic Blvd. Pass a 7-11 on your right hand side. The last lane on the same side as the 7-11 before you get to the Family Mart convenience store (on the opposite side of Da’an) is lane 31. Turn right into that lane and you’ll find Diane about a hundred meters down, on your left hand side just after the intersection.

Phone: 2778 4733
Address: Da’an Rd., Sec. 1, Ln. 31, No. 31, 2Fl.

Give her a call, as she works almost exclusively on appointment. She’s open till 9pm Wednesday through Sunday (Mondays and Tuesdays off).